New BX25D Owner

Gso125

Equipment
Bx25D TLB, snowblower
Sep 16, 2013
USA
Just found this forum so as a new owner of a bx25d just saying hi and been reading some threads. Im waiting for it to be delivered some time this week or the beginning of next week they didn't have any ROP lights or it would been here. No rush and I got it with the snowblower. It's been a little adventurous looking at the 1 and 2 series JD's and the Mahindria max28 and 3016. I almost bought the Mahindra 3016 but had a bad feeling about it after I researched it was made in India. My neighbor has a Kubota mini excavator so he steered me toward the Kubota as he has never had issues. I tried to make a deal on the b2920 it was about 6k more so I decided on bx25d. I wanted bigger like the B2920 but I think for what I need the bx25d will do great. Ill mostly be using it for snow removal on my steep 500 foot driveway. I have never used any tractors so I cant wait to get working. Thanks Gerry

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
If your driveway is steep, you want to make sure you have yourself a set of tire chains when moving snow. If you don't and is slippery you could go on a good ride even with 4-wheel drive.

Gso125

Equipment
Bx25D TLB, snowblower
Sep 16, 2013
USA
I got the chains, the dealer says I won't need them but I have had plow trucks for 25 years and at this house I got stuck a few times a year and had to use my winch to get out. I just sold my 2011 f250 diesel to by a new awd mini van and this tractor. So I'm hoping the tractor does the job. They say to only put chains on the rear not the front. Hope it works ok in 4x4 like that.

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
How do you plan to remove snow? With bucket? With a snow blower attachment? Rear blade?

Is driveway paved?

I have a 600 foot paved driveway (at my cabin) and some experience. However, I used a larger tractor. Now in my residential lot I use a BX1860 and have some issues with this small machine.

dmignogno

Equipment
BX25D, Woods RB60 Backblade, loader forks, BX42S Chipper
Aug 5, 2013
Lincoln, DE
I have had my BX25D for two months and it has done everything that I have asked it to do without a problem. I'm sure yours will handle what you throw at it without a problem also. Looking forward to playing in the snow with it even though we usually don't get much.

Gso125

Equipment
Bx25D TLB, snowblower
Sep 16, 2013
USA
I'm going to be using the front mount snowblower with the r4 tires and rear chains if it gets slick. I plan on leaving the bh on for weight and if I get stuck. My driveway is paved. My fathers best friend uses the bx23 with the loader not as steep as I have no chains. We get a ton of snow this may make it fun.

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
I am not sure about the BX25 but on my BX24 chains are not advised due to limited space. Maybe someone who has a BX25 can chime in on the use of chains. I would hate for you to break your toy...oops my bad..tractor. You may want to also consider a rear blade as well. Depending on the conditions I use my FEL, front blade, snowblower or rear blade and or a combo of all of them.

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
I have a question. Why would one want a tractor with a back-hoe unless he intends to use it a lot. So far, in your posts I didn't see the BH use planned. That is a very expensive part that may seldom get used. For snow plowing, yes the weight helps, but one could get weight a whole lot cheaper. Then with a three point, there is a lot more versatility for the tractor, in my view. You can hire a lot of others to do digging with a hoe for the cost of that attachment.

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
If you can get a BH why would you not get one? I don't use mine all that often but when I do it is worth its weight in gold.

Gso125

Equipment
Bx25D TLB, snowblower
Sep 16, 2013
USA
I got it yesterday afternoon and the delivery guy was great took about 3.5 hours to show me how to take on and off the loader, backhoe and snowblower. And how to keep it maintained. I will not be keeping the bh on with the snowblower not recommend due to its weight and chains would hit it. The bh will be used a lot I have xmass trees that I grow and other stumps to remove once and a while. I got the thumb for the bh Wow love it. I have field stone walls to maintain and build did I say I love it yet. Can't wait for the snow now. My neighbor has the big toys and he was so kind to show me how to dig with it and use this last night.

http://youtu.be/C8Pm1CkaaNQ

Last edited:

Gso125

Equipment
Bx25D TLB, snowblower
Sep 16, 2013
USA
Got to use it a little this weekend and dugout a few small stumps and some big rocks with ease, It was a little tricky setting up the bh on my hill but worked awesome once I did. When they dropped it off he told me I would be using it in low most of the time but I had been driving it around in hi until I got off into the woods and tried backing up the hill and it didn't move ? I thought something was wrong and realized I was in hi put in low and worked great. I did bury the rear tires in loose dirt and rotten wood/logs that i was trying to spread even in 4x4 it was hung up on the bh and i was able to use the bh to get it out that was a fun what did i do newbe moment I learned on. It's great so far and im loving it.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Sounds like you are having a lot of fun. I wish I had a backhoe for my B2920. Maybe someday.

Gso125

Equipment
Bx25D TLB, snowblower
Sep 16, 2013
USA
Well went to use the tractor and noticed a puddle of fluid under the bh on the floor. One of the connectors in the valve body is leaking checked to see if it was tight and it is so waiting for dealer to come and fix it.

Attachments