New BX tie rod boot design?

GunSlinger1

Equipment
BX2370-1
Nov 3, 2016
Wisconsin
While researching the Kubota BXs I noticed it's fairly common for the factory tie rod boots to tear. I noticed that all the pictures the boots are black but my new 2370 has clear boots on it. I'm wondering if Kubota realized it was a problem and updated the boots.

Attachments

CountryBumkin

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370 w/LA243, Bucket, Grapple, QA Pallet Forks, 60" MMM, rear blade & rake
Sep 27, 2015
Central FL
While researching the Kubota BXs I noticed it's fairly common for the factory tie rod boots to tear. I noticed that all the pictures the boots are black but my new 2370 has clear boots on it. I'm wondering if Kubota realized it was a problem and updated the boots.
There is no change for the part number for the 2370 shown on the Kubota parts site (but the site may need to be updated by Kubota).

Jus to be clear, do you have a BX2370-1 or the new BX2380?

SRRGC1

Equipment
BX1870-1, BX23S TLB, RTV XG850, MX5100DT
Jan 6, 2021
Bloomsburg
Like everybody else, my BX 1870-1 inner tie rod black boots are a mess. Tractor is only 6 years old and never been used in brush. Grass cutting and snow removal dozer blade only, no loader. Purchased a new BX 23S TLB this summer. Inner boots appear to be a different material, they seem to be heavier and clear like. I do not think Kubota new inner boots are offered separately. Boot part number has been replaced. Have to purchase the entire tie rod for nearly $60. bucks each. Unless you want to spend for Kubota have to go after market.

xrocketengineer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1880, FEL, Grapple, 36 in. Forks, 48in. MMM, Quick Spade, Ripper
Nov 14, 2020
Merritt Island, Florida
I would not keep my hopes too high. Less than a year old on my BX1880. The dealer replaced the entire rods under warranty.
IMG_20191129_125702538.jpg

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
This is another thread that talks about BX tie rod boots. It gives a couple other web sources, and a part # or two. Back then, you could get boots without the entire TR end.

It's a few years old. I had gotten boots from a former OTT member Toneloc, but I don't believe he's still doing them.

Some of it may be helpful, but it was a few years ago.

BX23 Tie rod boots | OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota

SRRGC1

Equipment
BX1870-1, BX23S TLB, RTV XG850, MX5100DT
Jan 6, 2021
Bloomsburg
My BX23s same way with diff. colored boots. My BX 1870-1 blacks all tore up also. I have viewed pictures of the newer boots being split also. There are some other aftermarket replacement boots out there but do not appear they seal real good on the inside as they do not use the ring like the current factory boots do. For now, I just keep boots full of grease waiting for Spring to decide on possible replacement or others come on the market. My local K dealer does not carry replacement inner tie rod boots, just the entire tie rod. In fact Kubota parts lookup, the old boot part # supersedes to the complete inner tire rod. It is what it is.