New box blade

Chad D.

Sep 21, 2019
Eugene
Ok. I should have bit the bullet about 2 years ago, before prices went through the roof, but I didn’t really need a box blade at the time. By the time I finally decided I should have one, they’d skyrocketed in price. Just my luck…

So, I looked at the LP BB1260, and it’s pretty light. Both in weight and material type. I wasn’t too wild about this option. My dealer doesn’t keep any BB15xx models, but does usually have some BB25xx models. I liked the specs on the 1560, but the price was a little (lot) more than I really wanted to spend.
I really wanted to order an EA Extreme Compact series in 60” flavor, but freight to Oregon was quoted at $275! Shoot.

In boredom, I cruised through FB Marketplace and found a Woods BSS60P about 100 miles from home. Fella had sold his tractor and was getting rid of all implements. This thing is still shiny. The rear blade doesn’t look like it ever pushed a load of dirt, and the front blade barely has the paint rubbed off of 1/3 of it. All the stickers are still shiny and legible. Scarifiers and all pins are intact and in perfect shape. This thing never saw any use…

514# of sweetness for $900 this afternoon!

Comparatively, I was looking at a hair over $1,000 for a LP BB1260. $1,550 for EA Compact Extreme 60” delivered, or $1,700 for a LP BB1560.

None of these others look to be a robust as the Woods. I’m super stoked about this find!

Reactions: 6 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
The sun and moon were in alignment with you. I have found some great deals on Facebook Marketplace, but because I am laid up at present I haven't been able to move on them. Right before my surgery, I snagged a like new BX2822 Commercial Snowblower for less than half price, delivered to my driveway. The best news is that we haven't had any snow so even though I can't use it because I am in recuperation I don't feel like I have missed out on anything. Best of luck with your new attachment.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
The ultimate question in my mind is what you want it for.
I've been using a borrowed Tractor Supply BB for dirt and gravel work for the past 6 months. The thing is well used. Probably 10+ years old and completely perfect except for cosmetic appeal. New they are 1100

Chad D.

Sep 21, 2019
Eugene
The ultimate question in my mind is what you want it for.
I've been using a borrowed Tractor Supply BB for dirt and gravel work for the past 6 months. The thing is well used. Probably 10+ years old and completely perfect except for cosmetic appeal. New they are 1100

I’ve got a field I’m gonna smooth out. May wind up tilling it and then smoothing with this. A bit over an acre.

Other than that, general gravel/dirt work. I’ve got a LP GS1560 grader-scraper that I use on the driveway, but it’s a one-job tool. Does it well, but that’s all it does.

Chad D.

Sep 21, 2019
Eugene
And, yeah. I couldn’t believe the price on the country store modes. We have a few of them here in Western Oregon. From private to co op to chain stores. Seems like a light duty 5 footer is $1,100 all day long.

Vigo

Equipment
B6100, B8200
Jan 9, 2022
San Antonio Texas
Im in the early stages of ‘turning field into yard’, about an acre total, and after figuring out that no, a disc really wont do much to hard packed untouched land (just like they say..) im in the process of ‘ripping’ first with 5 rippers on a 60” box blade.. Tedious going! 😂

But my box blade is my most used rear implement by far and i love the thing. Mine is a tractor supply one, weighs about 350 by itself and i added a 110lbs loading dock bumper on the back wall. Congrats on purchase!

Last edited:

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
I did not like the LP scarifier adjustment clips on the 12 series. Just something about the set up that bugged me. I went with Homestead Pinnacle series mostly because I likes the pinned in scarifiers and because I got a veterans discount. I have been happy with it, but I would move fast on that Woods that you found.

Looks like a beast for 900 bucks.

Dave Ogren

Equipment
BX23S w/FEL &BH &60" Mowing Deck, 48" Dirty Dog Box Blade, 48" Tar River Tiller,
Feb 16, 2022
Asheville, N. C.
Im in the early stages of ‘turning field int o yard’, about an acre total, and after figuring out that no, a disc really wont do much to hard packed untouched land (just like they say..) im in the process of ‘ripping’ first with 5 rippers on a 60” box blade.. Tedious going! 😂

But my box blade is my most used rear implement by far and i love the thing. Mine is a tractor supply one, weighs about 350 by itself and i added a 110lbs loading dock bumper on the back wall. Congrats on purchase!
I'm with you. My box blade is the most used implement that I have. I just love it.
Dave