New B2601 minor scare

Rdrcr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 w/ S2T Turbo Kit = 35 PTO HP (Current), B2601 (Sold)
May 7, 2021
WA
I have yet to use low range. That seems like a good idea. I am done tractoring now for the weekend. The last thing I did was smash the ROPs off of the brickwork above my garage door. Of course I had been quite cognizant of the potential just a half hour before.Tired I suppose. A little paint will fix both. Lucky and stupid I guess.
Low range is always a good idea on slopes and for loader work.

.... and
Don’t feel bad! I did the exact same thing to my garage door only minutes after having my B2601 delivered...

Mike

Reactions: 1 user

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
I have some pretty steep hillsides on my property. I mow and move material in these areas with both my B2601 and L2501.

My B2601 has loaded tires and 2” Bora steel spacers (which I highly recommend).

The loader on my B2601 is “always” off when I mow. It increases the stability of the tractor when navigating hillsides. On hills, I’m always in 4WD and some of my hills require L gear as they are quite steep. Keep the tractor in 4WD on the hills.

I may have had a similar situation in my B2601 recently. I was traveling down one of the tall steep hillsides in M with an empty bucket but, in 2WD by accident. I released the HST pedal to slow my travel and the rear tires seemed to skip, lock-up and slide a bit. Totally strange. I quickly got back on the HST and increases speed a bit and all was well.
I had been running the L2501 up and down the hill all day and the two tractors behave differently. I just need to remember which machine I’m on.

Mike
I just checked the price on the Bora spacers and they seem reasonable. Why did you choose the 2 inch when larger are available, they are offered up to 6 inches for the B2601 ? I may have read somewhere that its not advisable to use spacers with loaded tires. Could this be true ?

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
If you are using a MMM (mid mount mower) then you are very limited on using wheel spacers. Also, wheel spacers do nothing for loosing traction on hills, only stability against rolling over going sideways on hills.

Reactions: 1 users

Rdrcr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 w/ S2T Turbo Kit = 35 PTO HP (Current), B2601 (Sold)
May 7, 2021
WA
I just checked the price on the Bora spacers and they seem reasonable. Why did you choose the 2 inch when larger are available, they are offered up to 6 inches for the B2601 ? I may have read somewhere that its not advisable to use spacers with loaded tires. Could this be true ?
You’re limited to 2” spacers with the 60” MMM. I chose Bora over alternative options because I wanted steel over aluminum.

I’ve read that, however, during my research, I couldn’t find any solid evidence to back up that claim.
The combination surely hasn’t been an issue in my experience.

Mike

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
You’re limited to 2” spacers with the 60” MMM. I chose Bora over alternative options because I wanted steel over aluminum.

I’ve read that, however, during my research, I couldn’t find any solid evidence to back up that claim.
The combination surely hasn’t been an issue in my experience.

Mike
Thanks for the response. I also have the 60" deck. I will consult my dealer to garner another opinion. Spacers seem like a good idea.

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
UPDATE: Used low gear and four wheel drive on the hills as advised and it made all the difference in the world. Thanks for the help. All is good.

Reactions: 1 users