Never Hooked up an attachment...

RLinNH

Equipment
B2650,LA534,BH77
Mar 10, 2018
NH
This weekend I want to finally put my Pine Straw take together. First thing I need to do is attach the bar to the rear (dunno what it’s called). Essentially, I need to take this apart...

...and then hook up the common sense part to this...

...in order to hook this up to the tractor. Sound about right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RLinNH

Equipment
B2650,LA534,BH77
Mar 10, 2018
NH
TaaDaaa[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

RBA50

Equipment
B2320, LA304 loader (B1658 QA), B2789 snowblower, RCK54-29B MMM, HF quick hitch
Apr 29, 2013
Goldendale, WA
You still need a toplink. Hopefully one came with the 3pt kit. If not you will have to get one from any number of sources, such as Tractor Supply, your dealer, or online.

RLinNH

Equipment
B2650,LA534,BH77
Mar 10, 2018
NH
You still need a toplink. Hopefully one came with the 3pt kit. If not you will have to get one from any number of sources, such as Tractor Supply, your dealer, or online.
I have a top link. Where on the tractor does that connect to? Also, the bolts that are used to hold the attachment to the 3 point hitch. I am guessing those are "Not included" with anything and I need to buy those?

michigander

Equipment
B2601
May 29, 2018
Northern Michigan
green arrow is top link using top hole , bottom pin is extra goes on implement

red circle I put looks like the draw bar pin to me , you may have already moved it.

hope attachment works :)

Attachments

RLinNH

Equipment
B2650,LA534,BH77
Mar 10, 2018
NH
green arrow is top link using top hole , bottom pin is extra goes on implement

red circle I put looks like the draw bar pin to me , you may have already moved it.

hope attachment works :)
Very helpful. Thank You!!!

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Your owners manual will tell you which hole to use for what type of implement you are using. Top hole use for some 3 point hitch implements and bottom for others.

Cathy Liebchen

Equipment
KUBOTA L3901, MX5800, MULE PRO FX, MULE PRO FXT
Your owners manual will tell you which hole to use for what type of implement you are using. Top hole use for some 3 point hitch implements and bottom for others.
your owner's manual may also tell you which hole to have the side link pinned in where it connects to the lift arm, depends on the implement and how much lift you need. - in the pics you have in the the hole farthest from the tractor. I think closer to tractor is more lift lower, less lift height.

Top link- bottom hole is most lift height and most ground engagement

RLinNH

Equipment
B2650,LA534,BH77
Mar 10, 2018
NH
the top link looks backwards- the threaded part goes towards the tractor. Otherwise ready to rake!

I copied the picture from the manual. I’ll look again. I need to adjust it as I feel that I am not getting low enough. Thanks for the input[emoji106]

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
I am not sure but in the photo there is only one side of the top link extended. You should set the rake down and relieve the pressure on the top link. Remove one of the pins and make sure that the amount of threads is the same on both ends. Re-install the top link. I do not mean to disagree with Cathy but I do not think I would turn the top link around because the way that you have it installed the jamb nut and the handle are out in the open. This makes them much easier to get to when adjustments are needed.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
To add a little, not sure how much effect it will have on your rake, but adjusting the top link longer/shorter can greatly change how the ground-engaging implement works.
Case in point is a box blade; really changes how they operate. Short top link = dig, long= level/smooth.

Also, I see you have the lower links connected at the holes further out. That will help it lift more, but the ones closer in will raise links higher and go lower with a little less lift capacity.

I was never a fan of the Kubota top link I got with my tractor. For $25 I got another that works much better for me.

Just throwing out some pointers....Looks great!!

Last edited: