Need some help with "CLICKING"

Wrangler325

Equipment
L3430D
May 15, 2014
Virginia Beach
We have an L3430D and its having some issues. It starts up just fine, revs up just fine, but it will sporadically shut down if the accelerator remains pressed down. When it starts to shut down, an audible loud click can be heard from the front engine area (sounds like its behind the oil filter in the block somewhere?) but it will not shut completely down if you let off the accelerator. I've looked through the manual and it doesn't have any of these symptoms listed for troubleshooting. Any one else have this issue? Any help is much appreciated. Thank you.

Ron

Wrangler325

Equipment
L3430D
May 15, 2014
Virginia Beach
After looking it over again and again, that is exactly what I think it might be. It was a little difficult for me to troubleshoot by myself untill I had my buddy help me out. Thanks for the help!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The "Clicking or clacking" of the solenoid is normal it's just shutting down.
What wouldn't be normal is if your system is an active solenoid and it needs to stay engaged to keep running and it's losing power, a passive solenoid system engages for a period of time, via a timer relay, to shut the motor down then disengages.
Easy way to find out which type system you have, find the shut down solenoid and while engine is running disconnect the wiring to the solenoid, if it's active it will shut down when disconnecting the wires, if passive it will stay running and now the key will not shut it down.

I would say the shut off timer relay and the stop solenoid are both working but the wiring or connection to the relay could be bad, if it losses one connection on the relay input it will trigger the timer and shut down.

I would start with safety switch is bad or out of adjustment!
#1 culprit would be the seat switch.
#2 HST or clutch switch.
#3 PTO switch.
Other possibilities would be the Occupancy controller, or even a bad ignition switch.