Need some help with B7100

lovretired

Equipment
Kubota B7100
Jun 7, 2010
Chesterfield, Va. USA
During the summer, I let my B7100 run out of fuel. I change the fuel filter, bled the line to the injectors. Since then, it has been really hard to start the first time, once it has ran and got up to temp it starts just fine. Can any one help me out and tell me what I have done wrong or not done at all. thanks Irving

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
For the sake of it, you should check the tank and see if it needs cleaning, and clean or replace the fuel lines to the filter and pump. Perhaps when you ran it out of fuel, you pulled some junk out of the tank. Have you tried running any diesel fuel treatment through it?
Welcome to OTT!

vtmbz

Equipment
b7100, b5100
Oct 27, 2012
lowell vt
Every time I ran my 7100 out of fuel, all I had to do was loosen the nut just above the fuel filter, crank for a bit until fuel ran down my arm, snug the nut back up and it runs fine.

Usually hard starting after a fuel out indicates an air leak.

Amishkingpin

Equipment
B7100 HST with FEL,Tiller,Rotary Mower and Box grader
Feb 19, 2009
Columbus, Ohio,USA
I agree with vtmbz, sounds like air in the fuel system.

When I bought my B7100, I unloaded it from the trailer and was driving it around the yard when it ran out of fuel. I was so excited to have the tractor that I neglected to check the diesel.

Have you seen Service Vic's video on bleeding the system? I know you said you bled the line but would it hurt to re-bled it the way Vic demonstrates?

AK

manofaus

Equipment
bx2350
Mar 23, 2012
Australia
usually the ingress of air in most systems after a filter change is the inline filter not sealing properly. you know the one, it usually has two hose clamps and lines that are hard and cracked. I work in an industry when with out fail after a service of 30 or so small engines we usually get 2-5 of them what won't run because the service men did not tighten the hose clamps or the hose is perished and does not seal.

lovretired

Equipment
Kubota B7100
Jun 7, 2010
Chesterfield, Va. USA
Thanks guys for the comments, I cleaned the connections to the glow plug and it appears that was the problem, keep fingers cross. If it still acts up, will go to fuel lines. Once it started before the post, it ran fine, that make me think it was something besides the fuel. Lets hope and Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.