need help

hillbilly162

Equipment
1993 b7100
Nov 23, 2014
mount pleasant pa
what size tiller do I need for a 93 b7100 and where to get also looking to get a backhoe for it and like to know where to find any help be great.... Oh and if anyone is looking for a cab for the tractors ebay has them for a soft top enclosed cab for the b7100 is 900.00

OldeEnglish

Equipment
B7100D, MMM, B205 Dozer Blade, woods m48, b2910
Jul 13, 2014
Western, MA
what size tiller do I need for a 93 b7100 and where to get also looking to get a backhoe for it and like to know where to find any help be great.... Oh and if anyone is looking for a cab for the tractors ebay has them for a soft top enclosed cab for the b7100 is 900.00

From what I've read on here any tiller 4ft or less works just fine. Im sure others have used larger but its not recommend... The possibilities of where to buy one new are endless, I've been looking for a used one for months and have not found anything around me worth it.

As for the back hoe, personially I don't think it's worth buying new if you can find one to fit. Judging how mine handles a heavy snowblower, I wouldn't even try putting one on this small of a tractor unless its only used on level ground. For what they cost new you can find a used tractor with one on it, and resell the tractor.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
The first backhoes made for the 7100 is no longer produced. Kubota says a model 4672 is what is listed to fit now. Yes it does fit but the tractor is way to small to handle it. I had to add a weight to the front end and fluid fill my front tires and it still would stand straight up. I couldn't even pull up on my trailer. Had to back it on and not only that any type of hill had to be backed up as well.

In 99 this backhoe cost $6400, don't have a clue about today's cost. I would suggest looking into a used mini x instead. For around the same cost of a backhoe your can get a machine that will be 10x more productive.

OldeEnglish

Equipment
B7100D, MMM, B205 Dozer Blade, woods m48, b2910
Jul 13, 2014
Western, MA
The first backhoes made for the 7100 is no longer produced. Kubota says a model 4672 is what is listed to fit now. Yes it does fit but the tractor is way to small to handle it. I had to add a weight to the front end and fluid fill my front tires and it still would stand straight up. I couldn't even pull up on my trailer. Had to back it on and not only that any type of hill had to be backed up as well.

In 99 this backhoe cost $6400, don't have a clue about today's cost. I would suggest looking into a used mini x instead. For around the same cost of a backhoe your can get a machine that will be 10x more productive.
Bulldog,

Did you have any problems with gears breaking having the front tires filled? I wanted to fill mine but the kubota dealer said it would destroy the gears and it would feel like it's in 4wd all the time. Mentioned he has a few guys with big rigs like yours that have them filled any they are always replacing gears. The tire guys fitting and filling my rear tires said the same thing, so I decided not to seeing they both have been around the block a long time. I've read mixed reactions on here about it but I don't recall reading where it destroyed anything....

My snowblower is so heavy that if I use the float position on my front plow the front tires will come off the ground. I have since adjusted the blower to the max to bring the weight closer to the tractor but having a little extra weight in the front tires would definitally keep them on the ground...

Just curious...:rolleyes:

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
I have a Woods BH750 on one of my B7100's. It is a good match. I did need to add some front wheel weights. 75 pounds on each front wheel plus the front end loader keep it stable.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
OldeEnglish,

I never had any trouble at all with the fluid filled front tires. I couldn't really tell any difference in the way it steered either. I don't see why filling the tires would be any different than having wheel weights.

I have never heard anything like that before but I'm sure if it's a problem someone here will chime in and let us know about it.

jrslick

Jan 13, 2013
Clay Center, Kansas
I have a much older B7100, with a new rebuilt motor, and I have run a Landpride RTA 1550, which is a 50 inch tiller. The tractor ran fine, I had no problem with the tractor handling. It does get light upfront, so you will need some front weights or a loader. I also suggest a quick attach as it will move the tiller back 4 to 6 inches and it gives you a little more room with the PTO shaft to hook up and operate.

Now I bought a used Caroni FL 1400, it is a 56 inch tiller. The tractor doesn't have any problems with this tiller either, power wise. My biggest issue is that the tiller really digs in and goes deep and I have to pull it up or it will bog the tractor down, and it will start blowing black smoke.

All the ground I am tilling has been previously broke and is rock free. If I do break new ground, I mow off all the grass as close as I can. Then I rip the ground and break it up with this homemade tool. I change the cultivator shoes off and replace them with ripper points.

I wouldn't go any bigger than 56 inches, 48-50inches is ideal as it will cover your wheel tracts.

hillbilly162

Equipment
1993 b7100
Nov 23, 2014
mount pleasant pa
thanks guys for your help mine b7100 is a hst-d with a loader in the front and I love this but I did find a backhoe cheap but I just don't know if it will fit the backhoe come off a b22 so will this work on this tractor of mine