Need help with L345

primer00

Equipment
B7001 L345
Feb 27, 2013
Monroe, GA
I have 2 Kubotas. 1 is a B7001 with a FEL and the other is a L345. Last summer the 345 cooling fan hit the radiator. I still haven't figured out why? While I had it apart I went ahead and replaced the water pump and thermostat. As I was re-assembling it I noticed that the fan touches the radiator on the bottom all the time. The fan has an offset on the mounting surface so that if I turn it around it will be farther away from the radiator. Of course this will change the direction of the air flow from push to pull or pull to push. I did pay attention when taking the fan off but I don't know if a previous owner may have installed it incorrectly. My questions are does the motor turn clockwise or counter clockwise? (I cant spin it over right now to see) and will it matter if it is pushing or pulling? I would think you would want it to pull so if you are moving forward the directional wind could help. Thanks for any help.

primer00

Equipment
B7001 L345
Feb 27, 2013
Monroe, GA
Well I downloaded a diagram and it appears that everything is on correctly. So I guess I need to figure out why the fan is so close to the radiator.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The fan has an offset on the mounting surface so that if I turn it around it will be farther away from the radiator. Of course this will change the direction of the air flow from push to pull or pull to push.
That is not true, turning it around will not change the air flow direction, it just will not work as well as the curve of the blade is different.
Give me a pic and I can tell you if it's on the right way.
And it might be that someone just put a new, wrong, fan on it, I've seen that a few times.