Need help with Intellipanel

togfish

Equipment
Had L3130, now L3560
Jan 18, 2014
Virginia
Just traded in the L3130 and got a new L3560. Same machine for the most part with some updated technology. The digital display is showing speed in Km/hr as opposed to MPH. Does anyone here know how to change it? Nothing in the operators manual. Thanks, and Happy New Year!

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Hi togfish, and congrats on new tractor, I have had my 3560 for a year now and I love it.

Here is what it says in the shop manual, I have not had to do it so no firsthand experience.

First are you comfortable with the method Kubota uses to input or access computer settings on the Intellipanel? Short pushes of the display mode button to the left of the steering wheel "scroll" through choices, and long pushes select an item, and typically take you to another screen.

There is another method of bringing up another set of items. This I have not tried so am just typing in from WSM. You hold down the display mode switch and at the same time turn the key to start. I assume you do this when the tractor is not already running. You should then get a display called "service inspect".

It shows a bunch of letters, A, B, C, D, etc. Select J. This should show two choices and you could select mph.

What is not clear to me is how long you hold the key in the start position, and how you back out of this mode. It ought to be obvious from the display, but I wouldn't guarantee it. One caveat, the other letters go to setings that you do NOT want to mess with or change....

Hopefully someone who has done it will log on and chime in.
Or call your dealer on Monday :D

Last edited:

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Makes me glad my 3800 has no "intelligence."

As I get older, I "revel in my ignorance."

:D

togfish

Equipment
Had L3130, now L3560
Jan 18, 2014
Virginia
Thanks Sheepfarmer. That all makes sense to me. Dealer has the WSM on order for me. I'll give it a try tomorrow. It's not that I really even need a speedo function, it just that if it's there, I like it right.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Ya know I hate having a piece of equipment thats smarter then I am

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Ya know I hate having a piece of equipment thats smarter then I am
I dunno about smarter, I am not a big fan of these primitive interfaces that substitute for a keyboard, like setting the clocks in the car or the water softener. What I hate even more are vague/incomplete directions in manuals....:eek:

togfish

Equipment
Had L3130, now L3560
Jan 18, 2014
Virginia
"There is another method of bringing up another set of items. This I have not tried so am just typing in from WSM. You hold down the display mode switch and at the same time turn the key to start. I assume you do this when the tractor is not already running. You should then get a display called "service inspect".

It shows a bunch of letters, A, B, C, D, etc. Select J. This should show two choices and you could select mph."

Sheepfarmer,

This worked perfectly. Thank you. I do still need to call my dealer on Monday and remind him that a WSM and hard copy parts manual were part of the deal. I'm very happy with the 3560 so far.

Bob:)