need help with a/c

steve l

Equipment
2 m9000,9540 all cabgmd700 kuhn 605m vermeer,r23a vermeer rake,468 jd baler,
Dec 29, 2010
bullard,texas 75757
help me.i have an 08 m9540 and the a/c is not cooling like it is supposed to.the tractor has has nearly 2200 hrs,all windows are tinted except windshield.i blow the radiator,condenser and filter out every day and here lately with all the dandelions in east texas this spring sometimes two and three times daily.it has not been that hot here (90f) ihateto see it in a month or so.i have to keep the blower on high.it has been very humid could that have something to do with it.by the way it is still far superior to two m 9000's we have.:

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
I am assuming that you have checked your refrigerant. We have an M8540 which is the same tractor. We have found at times in the hottest part of the summer to run ours on recirculate which helps. Also closing the bottom vents directs more air on you and helps cool.

A man on another forum has added a slim line fan between his radiator and condenser to increase the air flow and reports excellent results.

We don't have any added window tinting, but have considered it. As it is, we remain comfortable, but the AC in our old Case when working right could get much cooler to the point of being too cold.

kubota9

Equipment
M-120, M-9000
May 17, 2012
salisbury, nc. usa
I am assuming that you have checked your refrigerant. We have an M8540 which is the same tractor. We have found at times in the hottest part of the summer to run ours on recirculate which helps. Also closing the bottom vents directs more air on you and helps cool.

A man on another forum has added a slim line fan between his radiator and condenser to increase the air flow and reports excellent results.

We don't have any added window tinting, but have considered it. As it is, we remain comfortable, but the AC in our old Case when working right could get much cooler to the point of being too cold.
One thing that also helped our M-120 is to take a blow gun and blow up the drain lines. We pulled the top off the cab last year and there was alot of dust in there. The A/C design on the kubota's isn't the best I have seen. Good Luck.

kuboman

Dec 6, 2009
Canada
You will have R-134 refrigerant in it. First thing to do is change it out for some Duracool or equivalent. You will notice the difference and your AC will last longer because of lower pressures.:D

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
On my 9000 the biggest thing is washing the condensor. If you think it's clean spend about that much more time washing it. It doesn't take but just a little blockage to interfear with the cooling.

steve l

Equipment
Dec 29, 2010
bullard,texas 75757
thanks for the help fellow ott members.i found the problem friday evening when my son called and told me it had quit cooling completely.full or r134 belt was tight condenser clean(40 series ac is under the seat not in the roof) a/c clutch was engaging.the rubber inside the clutch is gone that is where my problem is located.called the local dealership and found out new compressor is 1780.00$ so i asked about a replacement clutch 640.00$.almost wanted to take doors and all windows out.LOL.do any of yall know any after market dealers for these parts.

steve l

Equipment
Dec 29, 2010
bullard,texas 75757
ordered new compressor clutch 686.53$ put it on and cooling like it should.the rubber around the one i replaced was dry rotted,i guess it fell apart in my hand.

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
ordered new compressor clutch 686.53$ put it on and cooling like it should.the rubber around the one i replaced was dry rotted,i guess it fell apart in my hand.
When your AC is working properly, does it keep up with the Texas heat? Someone else from Texas on another forum just ordered a new 9540 and has concerns.

steve l

Equipment
Dec 29, 2010
bullard,texas 75757
When your AC is working properly, does it keep up with the Texas heat? Someone else from Texas on another forum just ordered a new 9540 and has concerns.
the air works great in the texas heat,far superior to the old m series.i had all my windows tinted except front glass with what they call limo tint.even before then it still worked great.it has a filter behind the seat that can be washed with soap and water,it gets very dirty.it will catch lint and everything thing else.

WIN.308

May 20, 2012
Mathis
About what did it cost you to have the windows tinted? Does the tint affect your visibility at all? I'm thinking about doing the tint and maybe also doing the tint on the front windshield partially from the top to about 10inches down. Just a little scared to pull the trigger.

steve l

Equipment
Dec 29, 2010
bullard,texas 75757
About what did it cost you to have the windows tinted? Does the tint affect your visibility at all? I'm thinking about doing the tint and maybe also doing the tint on the front windshield partially from the top to about 10inches down. Just a little scared to pull the trigger.
it was nearly 400.00$,but well worth it.the only time visibility is a problem is late in the evening just before dark.when it gets dark the visibility is as good as it is in full daylight.the only problem after dark is the glare from the dash lights,but that aint no big deal i just lay my cap or rag over it.works great.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I did my own windows and it was much cheaper than $400 but this wasn't my first tint job either. It takes lots of practice to make it come out right.

I did my windshield almost to the dash with 35% tint. Really not much difference in it after dark, I see without any trouble at all. The 5% limo tint on the side is a different story. Might as well say you don't see thru it after dark. I would suggest going with 20% on the side if it needs to be a little darker than the front.

I would plan on more than 10" on the front. Reason is the glare of the light coming under the tint makes it hard to see out of the side windows. If you do the front with 35% drop it to the dash. You'll be happy you did.

Attachments