Need help spending my money

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
I know y’all love spending other people’s money,so here we go lol.was hoping to hold off til next spring to get a bx23s but looking like the 0% deal running out at the end of the year so I will probably be looking to do it before then,or taking the gamble that they will offer 0% again next year,seems like they usually have a spring sales event each year.

But any ways,I really only need the bx for back hoe purposes and possible light brush hogging,I see land pride has a 42 inch and 48 inch bush hog for them,anybody running one?is the 42 narrower then the rear tires?

As far as back hoe options,what size bucket y’all use,I was thinking the 12 inch.thumb-kubota or bxpanded thumb,planning on the bxpanded quick attach and ripper too.

Anything else y’all recommend getting while I’m at it?

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
One other thing,do they include the 3pt arms with the package or do you have to buy them separate

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Can't help on the rotary, but 12" bucket for sure. I do believe that they all come with the 3pt hitch. make sure to get SSQA loader....as you're likely to be adding other things to the front end (since we're spending your money). :D

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Can't help on the rotary, but 12" bucket for sure. I do believe that they all come with the 3pt hitch. make sure to get SSQA loader....as you're likely to be adding other things to the front end (since we're spending your money). :D
I ain’t opposed to the ssqa loader but what other attachments are there for to bx,the kubota builder only shows pallet forks.dont have a use for them really since I have them for my l3200

Tractor Dell

Equipment
Kubota BX23S
Jun 13, 2017
Central PA
Here is basically a list of what my BX23S has, and so far I am happy with all I got:

Dealer installed:
SSQA - makes the most sense as I switch between my bucket and the grapple a lot.
3rd - function kit
Steel wheel weights - didn't want to deal with fluid in the tires if i got a flat. Recommended by the dealer.
Kubota BH thumb
12" BH bucket

Atermarket:
EA 55" Wicked Root Rake grapple - I really love this in my woods. This is on more than my bucket.
BroTek 2" wheel spacers - more stability on hills. You really feel the difference
( you will see a pattern below... haha )
BXpanded Under Armor - You need that, just to save your fan
BXpanded Ripper Tooth
BXpanded BH Quick Attach - Allows me to switch between my 12" bucket and the tooth in 30 seconds.
BXpanded Backhoe dolly
BXpanded Backhoe Stabilizer fat pads

Heavy Hitch Rear 2"; Receiver Hitch Plate for Kubota BX Series KPH2-O - Have a receiver with a Smittybilt 29312B Receiver Hitch D-Ring with 3/4-Inch Shackle for 2-Inch Receivers from Amazon - (Great for hooking chains or ropes to)

LED lights attached to the ROPS (purchased from Amazon)
Toolbox added to the left fender hand grab ($10 from Walmart, and a few braces I had laying around. Holds 2 logging chains and and a smaller one)

Next purchase will probably be a small flail mower. Still deciding on which brand to get....

Think that is about it. May have missed a few things. :p

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I ain’t opposed to the ssqa loader but what other attachments are there for to bx,the kubota builder only shows pallet forks.dont have a use for them really since I have them for my l3200
Sorry, didn't read your profile so, I didn't see that you had a larger machine...knowing that now, I'd forgo the BX23 entirely and just rent a mini-ex or BH as needed. Now I remember your other post about getting a BX23 to dig stumps.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
I was going to go the rental route but it isn’t very convenient for me,have a 4 yr old and 2 year old so getting a time lined up to rent one and use it is hard to do,even tho both of them love tractor time,have other projects and sure I would find more if I had one,tractor will also spend a few months at my dads property in Illinois for him to use to replace a retaining wall.want to get it now and have it paid for by the time I turn 40,my career choice wasn’t the best choice for my body lol,and the bx will also allow my kids to help out in a few years

js5020

Equipment
BX23S
Jun 27, 2018
PA
I got mine a few months ago. I went with the pin on bucket, oem thumb, oem wear edge, 12 inch bucket, and 3pth. Added Bxpanded skid plate, Bxpanded ripper tooth so far. Near future Bxpanded purchases to include qh for the hoe, forks, and perhaps the hoe dolly. Other future updates will include lighting, 3rd valve for a hyd cyl on the thumb, winter cab, snow plow and a few other incidentals.

Grab one before they stop the finance incentives and get stuff done.

Sent from my LGL164VL using Tapatalk

dalola

Equipment
BX2380 w/FEL & Woods RM48 RFM, Yazoo/Kees Max2 ZTR
Jun 30, 2017
Ohio
On a stock 23/2680, the width to the outside of the rear tires is almost exactly 48". I run a 48" Woods RFM on mine, and the edges of the deck are just about even with the outside of the rear tires. I'm thinking a 42" would be slightly inside the rear tire footprint, pending the construction of the mower. I think either would serve you well.

ZTMAN

Equipment
BX2380
Aug 26, 2018
South Central Pa
I just picked up a BX2380 with the 48" rotary. IMO that is the perfect size. The 42" would be inside the tires

Last edited:

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Thank y’all for the input,tractor dell,sounds like you have a really good set up with yours,more then I would need on a bx,mainly just needing a back hoe and possible bush hog to make it easier in places my L is a little big for, and spring time here is very wet at my place,little lighter tractor might help out leaving ruts,I mow about two acres with my zero turn then about three more with the bush hog now,still trying to clear more out on the property

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
The BX23s has the hydraulics for a 3ph, but usually not the arms and stabilisers etc. It's a bit of a faff to swap the backhoe and 3ph.

Do you have a bush hog on the L? If so, I think I'd skip the bush hog on the BX, and instead get a flail. Then it can do some things different than the L, rather than just the same but smaller. If you're bush hogging a field frequently, then it'll over time get nicer, and the flail will leave a nicer finish than a bush hog, but still tolerate most of the abuse a bush hog will. If you're cutting fields for the first time, or letting small trees grow in between cuts, then definitely a bush hog - but then I'd question whether a BX is the machine for you - they have pretty low ground clearance.

If you don't need a grapple or forks (if the L has those) then I'd skip 3rd function and SSQA.

No belly mower needed I assume.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
That's very true. No idea why it showed in my new threads.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
That's very true. No idea why it showed in my new threads.
There was someone trolling around posting random stuff on random threads and they bumped it up. Looks like they deleted his post. Since I originally started this post I have added the back hoe to my L. Still really want to get another smaller tractor at some point.

Greg8352

Equipment
L245dt
Feb 6, 2020
Covington Ohio
There was someone trolling around posting random stuff on random threads and they bumped it up. Looks like they deleted his post. Since I originally started this post I have added the back hoe to my L. Still really want to get another smaller tractor at some point.
Unusual I would think most would like to step up their next tractor purchase.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Unusual I would think most would like to step up their next tractor purchase.
Yeah, but in my case smaller would be nice for certain times of the year here. My ground stays pretty wet through winter and spring typically. The L is a little heavy during that time.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Heh. As well as, not instead of. Most of us would love to have a second tractor (smaller, bigger, who cares)