need help on 93 b7100hstd

cb750k8

Equipment
B7200HST D 4X4
Aug 23, 2013
Dublin, Ireland
Go to this excellent article by alexisferos.

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16639&highlight=thermosyphon

Go to my article here.

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17309&highlight=cb750k8

You need to fix the oil pressure light. It is a simple circuit and could be as simple as a fused bulb. Without that light you will not be sure that the engine is being lubed. You could have a meltdown!!

My temperature gauge with relay for temp set points has not arrived yet. When it does I will post an article. I intend to use a solenoid (out of the central locking system of a car) to operate the choke and shut down the engine.

Good Luck.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
the engine oil pressure lamp isn't working and also does the b7100 have a water pump and is there a way to put a water gauge on the tractor.

cb sent you two great links....

but to answer your questions, there is NO water pump, thermosyphon is basically HOT water will rise and cooler water will fall, thus self circulating! The bad new is, if you get too much grass or dust in your radiator, you are screwed,blued and tattooed !

I too am in the process of adding a temp gauge, looking to cut the top radiator hose, place a $6 alum T inline and adding an electrical temp gauge. Total cost will be about $25.

When I cut grass I am constantly getting off the tractor to check the front screen which is alllwaaays full of grass, the fan draws it in at good clip, this way I can glance down and see how hot the hot water side is and then clean as needed.

Alexisferos

Equipment
L-1501 DT
Oct 24, 2013
Greece
the engine oil pressure lamp isn't working and also does the b7100 have a water pump and is there a way to put a water gauge on the tractor.
First off all can check the fuses or bulb over the pressure light,
and if you see that the bulb is good then check the valve,
just ground the cable that goes to the valve at the tractor body, you should have light, then change the valve for a second they are cheap.

an other cheap check up it to open the oil fill cap and see if oil is coming up at the valve cover,

if none of them is working you should buy an oil pressure tester and see what happens.

But this is the last for my opinion because usually the bulbs go wrong

hillbilly162

Equipment
1993 b7100
Nov 23, 2014
mount pleasant pa
ok thanks for the help but what I thought was the water pump well I was wrong after looking long and hard I found out its called a dynamo so I see what the prices are and like I can redo this on I know its the bearing that's bad. good news is I haven't brought a john deer lol