Need help kubota won't start

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Hi I have a brand new kubota with 10 hours on it went to start thismorning and the screen says check eng need help
Ok,

let review to what "not start" means to the general public ...

Will it turn over?

IS it turning over with the same speed as "normal"?

If it is turning over, any smoke?

What model we talking about ?.

Have you moved any lever? PTO, range selector? all these have safety switches that will drive you crazy if slightly out of adjustment.

sitdwnandhngon

Equipment
B7100
Aug 25, 2015
NY, USA
I assume it's cold over there about like it is here.

Did you properly cycle the glow plugs before attempting to start it this morning?

When was the last time it was started, is the battery fully charged?

What time of year was the fuel tank last filled?

Snopro500

Equipment
l4240
Jan 7, 2016
south ryegate vermont usa
It's a brand new m5660 with 10h on it I did call the dealer ran the night befor I turnd key and check eng light come on glow plug light didn't come on or fuel pump wouldn't ether I checked all fuses no blown it would turn over got it going now not sure what was up got to keep an eye on it nd call dealer if it dose it again they will come out

forceten

Equipment
BX 25d, Grand L6060, Kx040, GL7500, ZD1211 With cab
Sep 4, 2015
New Jersey
It's a brand new m5660 with 10h on it I did call the dealer ran the night befor I turnd key and check eng light come on glow plug light didn't come on or fuel pump wouldn't ether I checked all fuses no blown it would turn over got it going now not sure what was up got to keep an eye on it nd call dealer if it dose it again they will come out
How cold is it where you are? is the unit outside? inside a heated garage? Inside at all?

When you got it going did it smoke up a bit at first? Rough start? If its really cold out - did you treat your diesel so it wont gel (freeze) up?

Shadow

May 18, 2015
Somewhere
Leave the key on for about 5 minutes, see if that code goes away and allows it to start. I would bet it's losing connection between the dash and the ECU. Have ran into this issue a couple times on L60 series.

Snopro500

Equipment
l4240
Jan 7, 2016
south ryegate vermont usa
Got it going that day not sure if the fuel was jelled as to why electric fuel pump woundnt come on or what but I treated fuel after I got it going hasn't acted up since and their won't be any smoke with a dpf on new tractors so can't use that as a way to trouble shoot