Need an additional Smaller Bota...

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
Mike -- that is a good point and yes more of an on and off for smaller jobs...definitely will NOT be doing a cab allowing for quicker easier on and off -- I have the Cab with heat/AC/Stereo on the M5.

Just concerned the B2650 wont have the HP to pull a bogged down box scraper or a grading scraper and etc.?
I have a B2650 that I have put 750 hrs on in 2 1/2yrs. It definitely has better creature comforts than the L series. It isnt as heavy as the L series, but is a very capable machine. My profession was running equipment for a living so have got to try alot of different pieces out. Alot of what I did was site and dirt work. On my property of 13 acres, which was old farm field, because it is so rough I rototill and regrade a 1/2 to 2/3 of an acre a year. My boxblade is a Land Pride 1572 which is heavy duty 72". I use low range and 4wd and can pull it up through with a full load of dirt and all of the teeth down 2"s down in the dirt with no problem and not spin a tire. I have never had a problem running out of power even running things like the boxblade that is on the big side for it or my brother in laws 72" rototiller that I could bury all of the way down and walk right up through before I bought my 66" Land Pride. I also run a 72" rfm with no problem at all. I am doing all of this with the tires not being loaded due to the fact I mow my yard with my 60"mmm. You could sure add some weight that way, depending on what you want to do. It is very comfortable, and nimble and has been a real work horse. Just telling you my experience with mine, and for its size is a very capable machine. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. Good luck with what ever you decide.

View attachment 33005

View attachment 33006

Last edited:

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
You are on the right track, go put your butt in the seats of each and see which one wants to go home with you. My choice was obvious, I didn't even compare prices between the B and L.

Huskerfan

Equipment
Kubota B2650 HSTC, Grasshopper 725Dt
May 24, 2016
Iowa
My bias remains with the B2650. Amazing capabilities, it is a small tractor with a big tractor feel. That’s the best way I can explain it.