Need Advice

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
😳 all’s I did was watch!

glad you got em worked out.

Hope you don’t mind me jacking your thread for a quick question to anyone that knows, and you may know the answer to this as well. Since he has a pic of the wheel “not needed” but why did they use lugs and bolts for the rear wheels?

Reactions: 1 user

IBelongonaMountain

Equipment
2015 BX1870, FEL, MMM & Box Blade
Feb 10, 2021
Taxachusetts
😳 all’s I did was watch!

Hope you don’t mind me jacking your thread for a quick question to anyone that knows, and you may know the answer to this as well. Since he has a pic of the wheel “not needed” but why did they use lugs and bolts for the rear wheels?
I questioned that as well but was having too much fun tooling around the yard the question slipped through the cracks.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Update on the chains.......they work phenomenal. Night and day difference.
I read this thread over different days. I must say I am happy the chains are working well for you.

Other than that, my head is still spinning trying to comprehend what the other messages here were...yes, I am serious...

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
I read this thread over different days. I must say I am happy the chains are working well for you.

Other than that, my head is still spinning trying to comprehend what the other messages here were...yes, I am serious...
I lost something here too. I tried looking back at the thread but I still could not figure out what missed.

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
😳 all’s I did was watch!

Most Kubotas I've seen have 2 studs and the rest bolts (cap screws). It's much easier to mount a wheel with 2 studs than with fewer or more.
Hang the wheel on the 2 studs and run those nuts down, then the bolt holes are lined up, easy-peasy.

Reactions: 1 users

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy

Sorry guys.. probably referring to my off topic quick question about the lug nuts on the BX being bolts and lugnuts. I’ve wondered about this off and on and thought since he had a pic of the wheel up close I would ask about them here instead of starting a new thread on it. My Bad!

PoTreeBoy answered it, “I think” makes since but I think I would just as well have all lugs as apposed to bolts. Thanks TreeBoy

rickyland

Equipment
Kubota BX1870 quick connect for my snow plow blade. 48 inch deck,and a La203 loa
Apr 19, 2021
Chinook Alberta
Thank you for the input guys. It is very much appreciated. It's my 1st tractor. Baby tractor, but long time coming.
I got the same tractor same month too and ordered chains through the dealer. They fit and the tires are the 24 x 12 X 12. one is tighter than the other. I have the same blade put on skid shows to make the blade last longer on my gravel driveway and the oiled roadway I plow.