Need advice on a M9000DTC...

Buck Wild

Apr 28, 2013
USA
Hello everyone!!! This will be my first post on this forum and I'd appreciate some help and some tolerance with the learning curve.
One of my distant neighbors is considering selling his M9000DTC and I went out and looked it over and operated it. It has less than 3000 hours on it but I wasn't sure of the year model.
--It has some damage to the outer plastic cab roof; cracked above the windshield, and the left rear where the air intake would be is torn up pretty bad.
Any suggestions how this outer roof could be repaired since Kubota list this item at $1,000 for parts cost?
--The air conditioning didn't cool properly and I felt air coming out of the ball type vents at the front of the cab headliner but hardly any flow coming from the rectangle ones along the sides of the headliner and the air wasn't that cool (even tried raising the RPM) (condenser was clear). Any thoughts on this? I thought I read there was an improved/higher output blower assembly available...
--This tractor has the forward-neutral-reverse lever to the left of the steering wheel; with the gear shifter (1 through 4) on the right wheel hump; and the range selector to the left of the seat with the Rabbit (fast) the turtle (slow) and the option to center it , push down and forward for snail (creep?)
When I drove this tractor I was looking for clutch slippage as I've read this seems to be fairly common. In high range, gears 1-4 seemed to work as expected on moderate hills.
However, while in snail (creep) I didn't detect any increase in travel speed as RPM's went up.
Was this clutch slippage?
Is the creep suppose to work like this?
Are you suppose to get four gears/speeds out of the creep range?
Any idea how many labors hours and cost to replace the clutch with cab removal and split?

Thanks in advance!!!