Need Adult Supervision

memtb

Equipment
Kubota M6040
Jun 6, 2017
Winchester, Wyoming
First.... I just want to say that I'm a nubee to Kabotas and to the forum, and attempted to do a search for my problem. Still not really sure of answer. I just got my first Kabota (second tractor), my first tractor almost as old as my 65 years and just about as worn out!:) My Kabota(M6040) has the push/pull fittgings, which until today, I've never seen. So....... do I need to change the fittings on my equipment hoses to be compatible with my Kabota? Any and all adult supervision and/or spiritual advice needed! :D Thanks, memtb

framer rob

Equipment
2230 tractorC
Jun 6, 2017
antonito colorado
First.... I just want to say that I'm a nubee to Kabotas and to the forum, and attempted to do a search for my problem. Still not really sure of answer. I just got my first Kabota (second tractor), my first tractor almost as old as my 65 years and just about as worn out!:) My Kabota(M6040) has the push/pull fittgings, which until today, I've never seen. So....... do I need to change the fittings on my equipment hoses to be compatible with my Kabota? Any and all adult supervision and/or spiritual advice needed! :D Thanks, memtb
lmbo i am a newbie as well just got a old Kubota i don't know but hope fully you will find what ya looking for good luck;)

G.rid

Equipment
L48 tlb, ssqa forks, manual thumb for hoe
Aug 19, 2016
Oxford, NS, Canada
I would think you should change whichever is more cost effective. If you have multiple implements that all have the same fittings, then just change the few on the tractor to match.
Just my 2 cents!

Someone else might know of a reason not to.

Last edited:

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
They tips are by far cheaper than the couplers. So if you only need a few it it would be better to change the hose ends.

Tx Jim

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040 HDC-1,JD 4255,Ford 6700
Apr 30, 2013
Coyote Flats,Texas
Most of the Pioneer type male fittings are interchangeable. The male fitting has no bearing on the push to connect and pull to disconnect as that's incorporated in the female coupler. I've operated 2 different type disc cutters(Vermeer & Krone) plus a H&S Hi-cap rake on my Kubota M7040 and utilized the male hyd tips that came originally from each factory

Attachments

Last edited:

memtb

Equipment
Kubota M6040
Jun 6, 2017
Winchester, Wyoming
OK guys..... Thanks a bunch! It seems that I do need to change one end of the other for compatibility. If I change hose ends (don't have that much equipment), is a Kabota dealer item "only" or can they be had elsewhere?

Thanks in advance, memtb

bucktail

Equipment
L1500DT, 6' king kutter back blade, boom, dirt scoop ford disk JD212
Jun 13, 2016
MN
I guess I wuz spel'n like I wuz enunciaten it!! :p I'll try to do better. And maybe even brush up on my Japanese! ;) memtb
Huckt on foniks wurks for me.

wasmeneh

May 17, 2017
Wilmington, NC
Huckt on foniks wurks for me.
Hey I'm happy people can't spell. The person who I bought my B7500 from had it listed as a Kabota...didn't get much action. Luckily I had searched under tractors saw it and got a decent deal. She even listed it as a Kabota on the bill of sale[emoji2]

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Yoss

Equipment
B6100 HST 4WD, GF1800 4WD
Jun 6, 2017
Missouri
I benefited from the "Kabota" spelling too. The mower I bought for a very fair price had been listed for a month, and I only found it because I searched "diesel."

bucktail

Equipment
L1500DT, 6' king kutter back blade, boom, dirt scoop ford disk JD212
Jun 13, 2016
MN
I ran across an ad that had the construction company's name as the brand. It had their decal on the loader. I'm pretty sure it was a good deal, but I couldn't figure out what model it was.

85 Sovereign

Equipment
L4701 HST
May 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
OK guys..... Thanks a bunch! It seems that I do need to change one end of the other for compatibility. If I change hose ends (don't have that much equipment), is a Kabota dealer item "only" or can they be had elsewhere?

Thanks in advance, memtb

Tractor Supply, Agri Supply, Southern States, any of those or similar places (and online) will have the standard Agri fittings.

If all you need are the male fittings, they're fairly inexpensive. The female couplers are more pricey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

memtb

Equipment
Kubota M6040
Jun 6, 2017
Winchester, Wyoming
Update: Again guys, thanks for the help! Finally got around to going to town, and found that my somewhat old (ancient) disc had some non-standard (out dated) fittings. No wonder they didn't want to co-operate. Purchased correct fittings, and WOW....I am impressed at how well the Kubota (Kabota to those "hooked on phonics") systems works.

To all qualified...Happy Fathersr Day, memtb

Last edited: