Mystik hydraulic fluid

Joe

Equipment
B7610, LA352
May 29, 2010
Hopewell NJ
At the risk of starting a fluids debate here goes.

It is time to replace the hydraulic fluid on my B7610. I went to TSC and saw they have Mystik JT5 Universal Trans/Hydraulic fluid which it says on the label meets Kubota SUDT/UDT specs, price was $32/2gal.

I know from my Kubota manual that my tractor is fine with UDT. But I figured I would "upgrade" since the price is much more reasonable than what the Kubota dealer wants for SUDT.

Anyone have opinions on the Mystik JT5, does it really make any difference or was getting Mystik a mistake?

Joe

re54drider

Equipment
L2800, FEL, Bush Hog
May 9, 2011
Goldston, nc
I just got some to top off my L2800. It looks the same as the Kubota and it does meet the SUDT standard. I will let you know how it works out in mine.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I fully understand the high cost of doing maintenance on equipment. What I can't understand is how can anybody be willing to spent thousands on a tractor and then depend on the cheapest lubricants they can find to protect it. I know opinions are like a-holes, everybody has one. I have enough to worry about. The last thing I need is to worry if the oil I'm pouring in my tractor will do the job or not. Especially with regaurds to hyd/trans fluid, unless you are a full time farmer the oil will be in service for years before it's due to be changed again. To me it's just not worth the risk using oil that might work.