My Ship Came In

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Yup, I finally got the long awaited call. It was from a New York , NY number (646) 626-6753, and the guy was quite excited. Get this, I have won Five Million Four Hundred Thousand Dollars. Folks, this is real !!!

All that I have to do is dial the number that he gave me, punch 3, and then enter my CC number followed by the #. I will then be prompted to enter the three digit number from the back of the CC. The $3,400,000 would then be immediately transferred to my CC account. I wonder what Capital One is gonna think when all of those funds hit my account?? My mind is spinning and soon I'll be at the Kubota dealer picking out my new tractor. Heck, I might buy two!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Ha! Good for you!! Please remember us minions here at OTT when the $$ arrive! :D

Long before the internet, somehow I won vacations regularly...just send us the registration $$ via your credit card....

However, thanks to the internet, my luck turned last week with a Nigerian Prince that is somehow related to me, and I'll be in the $$ pretty quick!(y):rolleyes:

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I received a similar opportunity just a few days ago. I did just as instructed, except I made up the digits in the CC number....

Reactions: 1 user

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
My FIL & MIL (92 & 90) got a phone call from Jamaica telling them they had won $450K and a new Mercedes, all they had to do was send a $550 western union money order. (for the taxes :rolleyes: )
They didn't say anything to us, just jumped in the car and headed to the nearest western union.
Thankfully, when they told their story to the clerks, everyone there was able to convince them that it was a scam.

I guess it took quite awhile, because my FIL was convinced that he had won, and that the people at western union were trying to scam him out of the money.:rolleyes:

The scammers called back about 40 times over the next year, badgering them to send the money.

• Sad

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I received a similar opportunity just a few days ago. I did just as instructed, except I made up the digits in the CC number....
Smart move but...someone else you don't know got dinged.....

• Haha

bucktail

Equipment
L1500DT, 6' king kutter back blade, boom, dirt scoop ford disk JD212
Jun 13, 2016
MN
Smart move but...someone else you don't know got dinged.....
The credit card shouldn't work if the numbers don't match the name. Otherwise the scammers wouldn't need to call you. They'd just make up random numbers and collect on the ones that match.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
My apology for the additional message that is/was in my post. Apparently I had a link copied and accidentally pasted it. It's not something that I can edit and remove. Sorry.

Maybe I got rid of it....hopefully.

Last edited:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
You can always tell a scam when they won't leave a call back number. I wonder how many people fall for that stuff. My dad always told me 'If it's too good to be true, it probably isn't'.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
AAGR - I try to keep them on the phone as long as possible. I figure the longer they spend with me, the less time they will have to scam others.

hope to float

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450
Feb 18, 2018
Ireland
AAGR - I try to keep them on the phone as long as possible. I figure the longer they spend with me, the less time they will have to scam others.
As I keep telling my parents; if you didn't enter it how the heck could you have won it

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
My helper was at LL Bean a few years back, they had small air boat horn like the sports starting line air horns. He knows I generally like to 'blast' something into the phone when scammers call, I keep a long elk bugle call, a long soccer mexican plastic trumpet horn handy to blast into the phone when they call. So he got me the boat horn. Loud. OMG. The scammer would call, I'd put it on speaker and say can you hear me ? Then HORN BLAST, then ask can you hear that ?? No one ever answered. LOLOL.

nbking

Equipment
L2501HST 4X4, Rtv-x900
Jul 8, 2018
Sonora, CA
I had a rich prince email me that he was tired of all the bs he had to deal with in Kuwait, and just needed me to give him my bank account number and he would transfer millions for a couple Google play cards. I'm so lucky

Ikc1990

Equipment
Kubota m125x, m9000, b2710, and other equiptment
Dec 2, 2020
Vermont
I like to screw with them make their blood boil lmao. The vehicle warranty number was working on getting me a 10 million dollar warranty policy on my 1845 horse and buggy for death on horse and rough riding wheels that might need sanding lmao... her name was sarah at beginning of conversation but then went to Mary and ended with ann. Guess shes not fack lmao. The other one is the Indian sounding man from direct t.v that says every day my service is gonna end I swear he is the store owner off the Simpson's cartoon. And when i dont even have direct t.v he says yea that's cause i have shut it off. I told him i didn't have power. huh? Every one has power. I said I'm amish he got really confused trying to convince him to give me a donation of money to get my power installed and hook up t.v thought him he was quite intrigued. Had him getting all screwd up at the end I told him he needs a therapist now I have gootennin his head hes all fu...d up he will probably need to learn how to pee standing up again. lmao it's a great way to end your day lol

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
The FBI called and left a message. I needed to pay some money or I would be arrested. Then they left a phone number to call them back! Do you know how many times you can hit redial on a 5 hour drive? They do. They finely said that they would never call me again if I would stop calling. They have honored their end and they have never called me again.

Reactions: 2 users

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
up here 'air duct cleaning services' calls several times a year. Legit company,but the Do NOT CALL list means ,well, I shouldn't be called....OK after several 'not interesteds' I say sure, sounds great...they drive all the way from Toronto(1 hr) knock on door and I say ,sorry I'm not mr. jones......wasted fuel, time, guys, etc....they leave..hehehe.
2 months later same thing happens... you'd think THEY would block MY number....hehehe
I KNOW they'll be calling in May....hehehe....

Reactions: 1 users

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
I get the calls from companies wanting to buy my property. And want to know what I’ll take. I give them a number and they say it is not fair market. I tell them they asked and that is my price. If not interested stop calling. As with others I will redial them till they answer. They promise to remove my number but every couple weeks they call again. I got time so let’s play