My play toy broke

G-Man

Equipment
B7500, ZD221
Jul 27, 2012
Excelsior, AR
I started to use my B7500HST to do a little driveway work hooked up the boxblade got half way to the end of the driveway and heard squealing and smelled burning rubber, got back quickly to the garage and the Dino bearing(s) had seized up. Having a friend put new bearing(s) in and we should be back to normal.

Question is there are two blue wires (no tracer colors or markings) coming out of the dyno with the same type of connectors on the end of the wires. Are these the same 12v output so when I reconnect to the two mating connectors on the tractor does matter which one is connect to which connector? I don't want burn up any thing.

Does anyone have the wiring schematic for this tractor also.

Thanks

Last edited:

Stumpy

Equipment
L175
Dec 1, 2011
NE Ohio
According to the parts diagram you've got a permanent magnet two wire alternator and those lines simply carry the alternating output of the alternator up to the rectifier bridge. It doesn't matter which way they're wired, you get the same DC output regardless hence why the plugs are reversible.

I happen to know that because I was looking at using one to provide power to an off road go kart. Decided against it because that type is always generating it's full output unlike a 3 wire field current alternator.

Last edited:

phildac

Equipment
1984 B8200E, L260F
Jul 29, 2009
Wentzville, MO
G-Man,

Stumpy is correct, The Dynamo puts out AC voltage so it doesn't matter which one you put where. It's not DC voltage as you might suspect. It should put out around 20+Volts AC when measured across the two grey wires. Those wires run directly to the Voltage Regulator. This is from my B8200 WSM but should be the same.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Are these dynos rebuildable for do you have to swap them out to repalce? MY B6100E needs either a rebuild or a new one and the 105 bucks is by far the cheapest I've seen on price. Messicsk wants 205 bucks for a new one.