My next project, it's going to be biggy!!!!!!

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6000DT / B7100DP /B8200DT/L225/Globe PTO Chipper/Lewis Backhoe/huxley TR66
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
As in the title guys,
here's my next project when i have finished the big orange,its going to be a biggy to say the least.

to anyone who is not sure what it is, it's a 1978 Triumph stag V8 with a manual gearbox:cool::D, with 15000 miles on the clock and it needs total(and i do mean total) restoration .:eek::eek:
some pics.
i like a challange, but i think i may have bitten off a bit much here.....

Attachments

gktilton

Equipment
79 B7100 w/ FEL, Deere 261 Finish Mwr, Woods M4 Bush Hg, Potato Plow, Cultivator
May 5, 2010
Hooksett, NH
Are you going to need to do a Restoration or ReCreation?

stuart

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7001 with loader & tiller, 3 point hitch and 4' rear blade
Aug 9, 2009
Aldergrove, BC, Canada
This needs what we used to call the 'radiator cap solution'. Based on the the old MG TC/TD series.
- push car into garage
- remove radiator cap, discard, purchase new one
- install, wait 24 hours
- remove new cap, push car out and discard, drive new car in and install radiator cap.

Good luck with he project. I hope it does not take too long to get the steering wheel and controls moved over to the correct side :eek:

stuart

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7001 with loader & tiller, 3 point hitch and 4' rear blade
Aug 9, 2009
Aldergrove, BC, Canada
He's in England, the steering wheel is on the correct side for him!
Right

"Good luck with the project. I hope it does not take too long to get the steering wheel and controls moved over to the correct side :eek:"

That's why the smiley face. Same issue in Japan ( hmmm Kubota right hand drive.....?) Aussie, etc.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Well last rites might be in order,,BUT,, like the old saying goes,, Speed is only a question of money,,, I would love to watch the progress on his bad girl,,what motor is in her??

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
Hello, have you started you "little" project yet? A friend of mine has also a Triumph with a V8 engine. The car need a lot of attention. Something is alway's not working smouthly. He spend's a lot of time in the garage and I believe he has some marriage-relationship with the car, - loving and hating is so close together :p

carl

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
Hi all,
I'm afraid i have not made much progress on the project yet, well to be honest, i have not made any progress on it.
Its the same old story, too many other things to do and not enough hours in the day to do it all, Oh yes and a biggy, money or lack of it at present for extra projects.:(

Anyway, i am hoping to get it all stripped down before winter sets in again and covered up to stop the rot, well , try and slow the rot down .

On the engine sid eof things, its a nice little 3.5 litre V8 with a manual gearbox.

watch this space for updates guys
rob

aquaforce

Equipment
L245DT FEL, JD450 Track loader, 5' scrape blade&mower, 5x10 trailer, Dump truck
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
Not a problem at all ............... looks like everything will buff out fine.......
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
LOL

That looks fun to drive and keep that thought so you don't give up.
Good luck:)

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
Its been a while since i posted any updates on this project and there is a very good reason for that, I havent made any progress on it whatsoever:eek::(
(to much orange stuff to mes about with) I think this is going to be a very long proccess to be honest, probably need to make a descision as to wether its really a viable project now.
Anyway, you never know so watch this space.......;)

rob