My New Bota' on the way........

orange crusher

Equipment
BX 2680
Sep 30, 2017
ontario canada
Just signed the deal on my first Kubota. Have had a DX25E Case Farmall for the last 11 years, and it has been a awesome little tractor but time for a change. Having never owned a Bota' before, so I come here to ask the informed if I have made a good choice, and what if any pitfalls I might expect to encounter. I am now getting a new BX2680 which is coming with a LA344 loader, RCK54D Easy-Over 54" Mower and a BX2822 - 55" front mount commercial snow blower. I believe I have made a good choice but would appreciate any imput either way.

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
A mower....you have grass in Canada?

Just kidding. The BX is a fine machine. 15 years from now you will still be happy with it. How much property do you have?

orange crusher

Equipment
BX 2680
Sep 30, 2017
ontario canada
We have one acre of manicured grass and several acres of bush lot. On the one acre, we also have 26 very large mature white pines that do their best to cover us with pine needles and cones. I currently also have a 3ph pto driven vac system to hook up to the mower deck. Hand raking here is virtually non-existent.

mpham

Equipment
B 2650 cab
Nov 15, 2016
Massachusetts
Remember to post up some pics when it comes in. Sounds like you will be very happy with it. I know I am very happy with my B2650.

eddiebob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2680, JD 40
Mar 23, 2014
Poplarville, Mississippi
Nice tractor! I have one just like it except no snow blower. We have lots of pine trees and use a pine straw rake to clean up. Plenty of power on the 2680. Have fun!

csaturno

Jul 29, 2017
Hamburg
I just bought the same exact setup except for the drive over mower
I bought the regular mower- 54 inch

Cant speak about blower haven't used it yet but it looks like an animal. Can't wait to use it.
I was concerned about mowing quality- I had a zero turn before
This machine cuts just as good! I will send pic I did yesterday
The machine itself rides/maneuvers like a Cadillac.
I thought it would be difficult but it's great.

Chaentjens

Equipment
Bx2680
May 13, 2017
moodus
I just bought the exact same setup about 4 months ago. I love it!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

eddiebob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2680, JD 40
Mar 23, 2014
Poplarville, Mississippi
Curious, what is a pine straw rake. Never seen or heard of those up here.
Pine straw rake is a 3 point attachment with 12" tines, usually 5' or 6' wide. Check Everything Attachments or Howse. No moving parts and they work really good. Our yard is 5 acres with lots of pine trees and I can rake it all in half a day.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Industrial tires? How do they go on your lawn? I have turfs on my 2350, wondering about industrial next time for a bit more traction. But I sort of assume traction = bite = chew up lawn.

orange crusher

Equipment
BX 2680
Sep 30, 2017
ontario canada
I went with turf all around. Saves the lawn plus gives good traction in the snow. My drive way is somewhat downhill and the last couple of years we have had a lot of freezing rain and ice. I chain up the rears. The flat surface of the turf vs. the lugs of industrial or ag, allows more surface area of the chains to hit the pavement.

csaturno

Jul 29, 2017
Hamburg
The Pic I posted still had the R4 tires on it- I had ordered it with turf tires- dealer delivered it with wrong tires. So they let me use it and then came back 3 weeks later with new tires and wheels. I like the turf way better. No disadvantage and will not hurt lawn in wet conditions. Have not used it in snow yet but to be honest I doubt I will even need the 4 wheel drive. The machine is an animal. I waited to buy it after 6 months of research and visits to John Deere dealer. If I would have known then what I know now I would have purchased the BX years ago. It's a no-brainer. Zero percent for 60 Months was just icing on the cake. I plan to keep it for many many years so I can justify a 15,500$ mower and blower.

orange crusher

Equipment
BX 2680
Sep 30, 2017
ontario canada
The Pic I posted still had the R4 tires on it- I had ordered it with turf tires- dealer delivered it with wrong tires. So they let me use it and then came back 3 weeks later with new tires and wheels. I like the turf way better. No disadvantage and will not hurt lawn in wet conditions. Have not used it in snow yet but to be honest I doubt I will even need the 4 wheel drive. The machine is an animal. I waited to buy it after 6 months of research and visits to John Deere dealer. If I would have known then what I know now I would have purchased the BX years ago. It's a no-brainer. Zero percent for 60 Months was just icing on the cake. I plan to keep it for many many years so I can justify a 15,500$ mower and blower.
Yup, I'm thinking I made a wise choice. Now...........the wait for it to arrive is driving me nuts. Latest from dealer is arrival of tractor by month end, loader is no problem, mower deck when ever, Snow Blower scheduled for delivery @ dealer mid-November. Arghh..............patience is a virtue !!!!! LOL