My latest project, its going to take a few weeks.

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6000DT / B7100DP /B8200DT/L225/Globe PTO Chipper/Lewis Backhoe/huxley TR66
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
Hi all,
just a quick update on my ongoing projects etc.
Started a new project this week, so all others are on hold for a few months as this is a more worthwhile use of my time.
I have aquired a tidy B8200D (not one of the hst's ,I just dont like them), it has a very good running engine, no nasty noises etc nor smoke coming out of places it shouldnt be, the body work is pretty good but need attention in places along with a couple of bits of body work missing .
Anyway i have strippped it down into smaller sections and will systematically work my way through the heap checking and repairing/replacing parts as i go(hopefully very few parts ;))
It will get a complete new paint job to all parts etc, new fluids & filters etc throughout the machine.

I'll put up pics as the restoration progresses over thenext few weeks, i have attached a pic of it prior to starting work.
I am also hoping to convert it to power steering as per the thread on ott.
thanks
rob

Attachments

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Nice looking, worthy project. Are you going to keep it when you get done, or sell it?

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
This is a keeper, it came along at the right price and was local (local to me anyway). It makes a great addition to the tool collection.
My D850 powered B7100 which i love to use all the time:D:), now the B8200 for some extra grunt.:cool:
The B6000 has sadly gone now, to fund the B8200,the b6000 are great machines but sometimes you need just a bit more capacity as your needs grow, it served me very well , really worked hard for the 3 years in my ownership and never let me down, so i couldnnt ask any more from it:):D.

That just leaves me with the late B7100hst sitting under a sheet all restored, fate is unknown at present, will i keep it or sell it , i really coudnt say as only time will tell.

merry xmas

rob

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
Well a quick update on the current refurb of the 8200, all is going to plan, well sort of.
After completely stripping it down i have hit upon a few problems,nothing major and all an easy repair, all down to lack of maintainance etc( the normal things...)

Anway a few pics of some of the chassis parts before repainting etc, the tractor may look ok in the main pic at the start of the thread, but its overall paint work and genaral condition wasnt really that good, but it will soon be back to a decent state.

the back axle ass is ready for me to start sand blasting some of that crud and rust off before painting etc.
Rgds
rob

Attachments

Last edited:

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
Well a few days along and its slowly all coming back together.
A few chassis parts left to go back after painting, then its just the orange panle work and electric to sort out, so then, thats all going to a while:eek:

well worth it though....;):D

rob

Attachments

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Dayum that just keeps gittin purrtyer and purrtyer every time see it

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
Well a few weeks further on and its nearly done.
I still have a few small bits to sort out on the electrics and having drained and refilled the front drive gearboxes on the drivehubs , the oil seals appear to be worn and the new gear oil is leaking out.
anyway ordered them up today , so a few days then i can sort that small problem out, a bit of a pain but worth doing in the long run.

i'm spraying the bonnet and the few remaing parts today , so its all looking good to go next week.:):D
As far as refurbs go, its probably not to the high standrad of others on OTT, but hey, i think it is a good compramise for a machine thats going to be used on a regular basis to do some heavy work.:cool:
If i wanted to just keep it in the garage unused then i'd would have tackled the project differently.
anyway, i have purchased a lewis landlord 200 backhoe for it, needs a bit of a refub also, but, a good size and well suited to the B8200.

cheers
rob

Attachments

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Outstanding !! Now what ya hidin under the blue plaid blanket??:rolleyes:

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
thanks for the feedback guys very appreciated, its not one of my better jobs but it will do for now;):D

Now then, under that sheet............;) well its orange to start with:)

cheers guys