My brand new L2265 Kubota 3rd Function Valve

fishpick

Equipment
BX24 & L4760HSTC
Dec 16, 2017
The High Taxes part of lovely NY, USA
:p
I posted about how I got my Homestead Pinnacle Grapple last week and then found out the Kubota L2265 3rd function I had on order doesn't even have a manufacture date set in the Kubota parts system... I then struggled with a bunch of 3rd party options - and there's a lot of confusion around the throttle advance button on the Grand L60 series and the WR Long kits... and I didn't want to lose that - some guys say you don't some guys say you do... even dealers were split. Also - I have the front blower connectors on my tractor as well and nobody could tell me where the WR Long solenoid mounts on a HSTC 4760... just didn't get the warm fuzzies... but was considering it.

I even found a loader + 3rd function they had ripped off a tractor on TractorHouse... looked pretty beat up in the pictures and the whole combo was overpriced... but I emailed them anyhow to see if they would sell the 3rd function kit - figured if hoses or something were busted I could get those. Never head from them.

So - last Friday, with my sights on the L2265 as the option I wanted - I formulated a plan.

I pulled up Google maps and searched for Kubota dealers. Starting with one I HATE right down the road and spiraling out based on distance I started calling - asking if they had, in stock, on a shelf, a wholegoods part L2265 - hoping that someone got the kit in and never received the Grand L it was for... and the kit was juts collecting dust.

Spiral kept getting larger and farther away - nobody had one. One dealer thought he did - it was showing on his inventory sheet... only to go look in parts and tell me it's not there. 30 dealers called... now the spiral is moving well outside of my home state... still calling...

On my 43rd call at 4:45 on Friday - the dealer I called said no - he's got negative in inventory, he knows he's been ordering them and Kubota isn't even sure if/when they will be making them... but then he said something funny "I do show my other location with one in stock".
"Give me the number!"

My 44th dealership call over 350 miles away at 4:48pm on a Friday -
"Hi - I was told by your other location that you guys have, physically in stock, available for sale, wholegoods part number L2265"...
"Hummm... It says we do, let me go look"....
shitty / stress inducing hold music and ad all dealerships seem to play when you are waiting...
"
Uhh, hello? You still there?"
(hard swallow)
"Yup - please tell me you have one?"
"Sure do - you want it?"

And that's the story of how awesome my Friday became.

Monday the dealer called, gave me my final cost including UPS to get it here... so I don't even have to go pick it up...

And today - UPS just left - and I have the big L2265 box to go unpack in the barn!

Tenacity and persistence pay off... I feel so lucky that I may have one of the very last L2265's in North America at this point! Just get on that phone and don't give up - there's gotta be another one out there somewhere...

Reactions: 8 users

fishpick

Equipment
BX24 & L4760HSTC
Dec 16, 2017
AMEN @The Evil Twin !

I'm hoping to get the kit installed later today - or at least a large chunk of it. Overall the instructions are pretty solid but some of the wiring harness connections, on paper are "vague" so I'm hoping when I get in there it all becomes clear :)

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Not sure how good you are with wiring, but I changed my LP 3rd function that came on the tractor. It was wired direct to the battery. I changed it to a keyed power source. Does it matter? Probably not but I don't like things to have power when the unit isn't running.
I've never seen the instructions so they may tell you to put it to the battery.

fishpick

Equipment
BX24 & L4760HSTC
Dec 16, 2017
Not sure how good you are with wiring, but I changed my LP 3rd function that came on the tractor. It was wired direct to the battery. I changed it to a keyed power source. Does it matter? Probably not but I don't like things to have power when the unit isn't running.
I've never seen the instructions so they may tell you to put it to the battery.
I actually think this uses an existing harness on the tractor for power. Will see. If I need to it will absolutely be going to a switched source.

Reactions: 1 user

PortTackFarm

Equipment
L3560 LE (ROP's) w/ LA805 FEL, LP RCF 2072, BB2572 and WoodMaxx WM-8H
Jul 2, 2021
The Ville and The Farm (KY)
Let me know how it goes and anything special to watch out for. I've had the kit for my L3560 LE in the barn for a while now and haven't installed it because I don't have a grapple yet, planned for next year. I ordered the 3rd Function Kit when I bought my tractor with hopes it would come in and the dealer could install, but it was taking so long to come in I decided to take delivery of the tractor without the 3rd Function Kit . Glad I did as I'd have waited 8 months. Planning to install it when I have a spare afternoon to dig into it.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
I actually think this uses an existing harness on the tractor for power. Will see. If I need to it will absolutely be going to a switched source.
I looked at the instructions for mine and it says to go to the battery. My guess is that, in the operating instructions, it tells you to press both buttons at the same time after turning the engine off. This bleeds pressure and allows the cylinders to come to a resting position on whatever is attached. But what if I forgot? Then accidentally I or someone else hit a button and ventilated my foot. Or worse, ventilated my dog. Yeah, switched source fo sho!

• Haha

fishpick

Equipment
BX24 & L4760HSTC
Dec 16, 2017
I'm still doing the plumbing today - I'll start a new thread and post pics as I go @PortTackFarm - that way you will have a better reference than the one YouTube out there where the guy seems pissed he's at work and installing it and only shows half the steps...

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

gigguy

Equipment
Grand L3560
Nov 10, 2022
Gig Harbor WA
:p
I posted about how I got my Homestead Pinnacle Grapple last week and then found out the Kubota L2265 3rd function I had on order doesn't even have a manufacture date set in the Kubota parts system... I then struggled with a bunch of 3rd party options - and there's a lot of confusion around the throttle advance button on the Grand L60 series and the WR Long kits... and I didn't want to lose that - some guys say you don't some guys say you do... even dealers were split. Also - I have the front blower connectors on my tractor as well and nobody could tell me where the WR Long solenoid mounts on a HSTC 4760... just didn't get the warm fuzzies... but was considering it.

I even found a loader + 3rd function they had ripped off a tractor on TractorHouse... looked pretty beat up in the pictures and the whole combo was overpriced... but I emailed them anyhow to see if they would sell the 3rd function kit - figured if hoses or something were busted I could get those. Never head from them.

So - last Friday, with my sights on the L2265 as the option I wanted - I formulated a plan.

I pulled up Google maps and searched for Kubota dealers. Starting with one I HATE right down the road and spiraling out based on distance I started calling - asking if they had, in stock, on a shelf, a wholegoods part L2265 - hoping that someone got the kit in and never received the Grand L it was for... and the kit was juts collecting dust.

Spiral kept getting larger and farther away - nobody had one. One dealer thought he did - it was showing on his inventory sheet... only to go look in parts and tell me it's not there. 30 dealers called... now the spiral is moving well outside of my home state... still calling...

On my 43rd call at 4:45 on Friday - the dealer I called said no - he's got negative in inventory, he knows he's been ordering them and Kubota isn't even sure if/when they will be making them... but then he said something funny "I do show my other location with one in stock".
"Give me the number!"

My 44th dealership call over 350 miles away at 4:48pm on a Friday -
"Hi - I was told by your other location that you guys have, physically in stock, available for sale, wholegoods part number L2265"...
"Hummm... It says we do, let me go look"....
shitty / stress inducing hold music and ad all dealerships seem to play when you are waiting...
"
Uhh, hello? You still there?"
(hard swallow)
"Yup - please tell me you have one?"
"Sure do - you want it?"

And that's the story of how awesome my Friday became.

Monday the dealer called, gave me my final cost including UPS to get it here... so I don't even have to go pick it up...

And today - UPS just left - and I have the big L2265 box to go unpack in the barn!

Tenacity and persistence pay off... I feel so lucky that I may have one of the very last L2265's in North America at this point! Just get on that phone and don't give up - there's gotta be another one out there somewhere...
I found a dealer that has 4 L2265 kits. I am driving 4 hours to get one tomorrow!

Reactions: 1 users

gigguy

Equipment
Grand L3560
Nov 10, 2022
Gig Harbor WA
Do you mind sharing the dealership. I have been waiting over a year for an l2265 kit
Not at all....They are in Tangent, OR.
I bought my L3560 in Dec of 21. The loader didn't arrive until June of 22. After talking to the dealer again in Nov, I got tired of waiting and started calling every Kubota dealer I could find online for the valve.

Linn/Benton Tractor. When I picked up mine, they told me they actually had 8 of them in stock. It was $1080.00. They were not very interested in shipping it to me. So I drove down and picked it up.

The kit came in 2 sealed 7 gallon buckets and 1 metal line about 24" long. It should be able to ship quite easily. They can unpack the large box it came in and ship it in 3 separate pieces. The buckets can ship just as they are and the line could be re-boxed by itself.

Last edited:

Batripp

Equipment
L5460 ROPS
Jan 12, 2023
Shibleys Point Mo
I really enjoyed your post on the install. Got me thinking it is something I could tackle. Found one and waiting for it to get shipped to me. Really wish I had the instructions now to start studying and supplement with your install article.