My 3130 quit

Kim Suhr

Jul 11, 2010
Georgetown, ME
I am new to this forum. I have a 2003 3130. I put some fuel in it yesterday, dug with the backhoe for about 1/2 hour and proceeded to backfill when it suddenly quit.

After removing the fuel filter bowl and cleaning it, I noticed there wasn't much fuel it the bowl. I took off the feed from the fuel tank, nothing. I gave it a blow and dislodged whatevere was obstructing the line. Reinstalled the line, tried to bleed the system, but it still will not start. When I bleed the system, I am not getting much fuel out of the #2 line.

Any ideas? Fuel pump, plugged injector line???

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
After you dislodged whatever was stopping your fuel flow from the tank how is your flow now? If your fuel line was plugged up at the tank one time maybe it is partially blocked again. You may need to drain and clean your tank before you worry about the rest of the fuel system. If you start from the source and eliminate one problem at a time until you get the fuel to the pump then your job will be much easier.

henry

Jul 12, 2010
Sykesville,Maryland
I am new to this forum. I have a 2003 3130. I put some fuel in it yesterday, dug with the backhoe for about 1/2 hour and proceeded to backfill when it suddenly quit.

After removing the fuel filter bowl and cleaning it, I noticed there wasn't much fuel it the bowl. I took off the feed from the fuel tank, nothing. I gave it a blow and dislodged whatevere was obstructing the line. Reinstalled the line, tried to bleed the system, but it still will not start. When I bleed the system, I am not getting much fuel out of the #2 line.

Any ideas? Fuel pump, plugged injector line???
My L3400 has the same problem. It is a tiny piece of plastic floating in the tank.you have to open the tank top and open the air-vent cock, blow the hose into the filter back hard into the tank.reattach hose,close the vent cock. start it up and keep the tank at least half full all the time. a manufacturing lack of attention to detail.