Mx5200 elec issues

tgarber22

Equipment
MX5200
Apr 22, 2021
Oregon
Came out to start the tractor and dash boars lights started flashing weird and won't start. Hydrostatic. Batter shows green indicator(good). Lots of voltage.
Battery leads tested for connection ground no resistance. See if I can post a video here to show my issue. Any help would be appreciated. Link below is Google photo s video showing the dash flickering. Have a WSM now thx to this forum and trying to work through those but if anyone has seen this before that would be a good start

Attachments

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
What is the noise in the background in your video.
When you say wont start you need to be more specific such as wont crank, cranks but wont fire.
Do you know how to jump your starter?
Dave

tgarber22

Equipment
MX5200
Apr 22, 2021
Oregon
The noise is the leaf blower.
Tried jumping but with screw driver between battery terminal and starter engager thing (wrong name). No luck
Now p0605 error and is cranking but won't start. Reading some p0605 threads and sounds like I may be in deep trouble.
Thx for reply

tgarber22

Equipment
MX5200
Apr 22, 2021
Oregon
The noise is the leaf blower.
Tried jumping but with screw driver between battery terminal and starter engager thing (wrong name). No luck
Now p0605 error and is cranking but won't start. Reading some p0605 threads and sounds like I may be in deep trouble.
Thx for reply
Oh I did replace battery as that was the first problem. No longer getting this wonky lights on the dash

tgarber22

Equipment
MX5200
Apr 22, 2021
Oregon
Update. Took the tractor into a dealer that plugged in and ECU that was good But still had the P605 Error. He pulled out his multimedia and did a few checks said I wasn't getting power to the ECU and suggested if I'm finding it myself to just replace the harness. I brought it back home and dug in a little deeper and found a mouse nest on top of the engine. Taking everything apart though I found no issues where mice had been eating into the wire harness. I do have pwr to pin 50 on the ecu connector pin. Another thread here talks about getting power to the 4 and 6 pin but I do not measure power there with the ECU disconnected and key switch on. Starter and engine relays are good. Any ideas on next thing to look for?

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Update. Took the tractor into a dealer that plugged in and ECU that was good But still had the P605 Error. He pulled out his multimedia and did a few checks said I wasn't getting power to the ECU and suggested if I'm finding it myself to just replace the harness. I brought it back home and dug in a little deeper and found a mouse nest on top of the engine. Taking everything apart though I found no issues where mice had been eating into the wire harness. I do have pwr to pin 50 on the ecu connector pin. Another thread here talks about getting power to the 4 and 6 pin but I do not measure power there with the ECU disconnected and key switch on. Starter and engine relays are good. Any ideas on next thing to look for?
One note on not getting power:
Everyone always focuses on the + Positive connections and forgets to test -Negative connections.
Don't know if it applies or not but thought I would bring it up.

Reactions: 1 user

tgarber22

Equipment
MX5200
Apr 22, 2021
Oregon
One note on not getting power:
Everyone always focuses on the + Positive connections and forgets to test -Negative connections.
Don't know if it applies or not but thought I would bring it up.
Thanks for the reply. I did check resistance to battery neg on the connector and got no resistance

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Thanks for the reply. I did check resistance to battery neg on the connector and got no resistance
No resistance or Infinite resistance?
Just for clarity, use a volt meter or test light go from hot on the battery to the the -Neg connection on the connector.
I've seen several connections that OHM out at 0 resistance then under any load they fail to connect.

tgarber22

Equipment
MX5200
Apr 22, 2021
Oregon
No resistance or Infinite resistance?
Just for clarity, use a volt meter or test light go from hot on the battery to the the -Neg connection on the connector.
I've seen several connections that OHM out at 0 resistance then under any load they fail to connect.
Test light illuminates on both.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Your going to have to study the wiring diagram and figure out where it's getting it's power from and find out if that part is getting power to it, most likely a relay.

tgarber22

Equipment
MX5200
Apr 22, 2021
Oregon
Your going to have to study the wiring diagram and figure out where it's getting it's power from and find out if that part is getting power to it, most likely a relay.
Relay checked out and I realized I had my cpu not connected. Might need to try again tomorrow when my head is a little clearer.

JerryMT

Equipment
Kubota M4500, NH TD95D,Ford 4610
Jun 17, 2017
The Palouse - North Idaho
In getting fuel moving through the pump. Spilled everywhere when I turned key on a the tank was off and recirc. Line was open...

On another note this test failed. Now I need to find out why. Any ideas? Wire harness?
Check the chasis ground. If the ground is missing, you won't measure any voltage.

tgarber22

Equipment
MX5200
Apr 22, 2021
Oregon
Well it turned out to be a replacement of the wire harness and the ECU. And my pocket book is$3,700 lighter. I did do it all my self though and had a great dealership that tested a known good ecu on my trailered tractor before I put down the big money for the ECU. Hopefully kubota will figure out what's causing this and remedy it. Based on my experience and the stories I've read there seems to be a correlation to the battery dying or the battery swap. Hope this helps someone