MX5100 Lift Arm Adjustments

Catchad81

Dec 23, 2013
Notasulga, AL
Folks, new to the forum, but have been a follower and reader for some time. I have a farming background, mostly john deere 125+ hp tractors. I ended up with a kubota MX5100 tractor about a year ago and use it for bush hogging, box blading, small disc, and small field cultivator.

My question involves the lift arm adjustments on this tractor. With a deere, I could always hook and go. With the Kubota, I have to move the side link pin locations to raise and/or lower the lift arms depending on what I hooking to. With my MX6 cutter and disc harrow, the side link has to be in the upper holes so that the implement raises enough off the ground. With my box blade and field cultivator, they have to be in the lower holes where the implement will go down far enough.

Yes, I have checked the raise limit linkage.

Is there no a "sweet" spot or modification for the lift arms? One of the side arms is screw adjustable, so I thought by adding a second screw adjustable (part # please), it may be better than moving the pins. I've also thought that if I move the side links back and create another hole in the lift arm, I may get the down range I need and an increase rise by means of the increased arch.

What are your thoughts?

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I understand your problem but have never ran across that myself. As far as lower position goes, the arms on both my tractors almost drag the ground when they are in the down position. Most of the time a lift height problem happens is when cat 2 implements are hooked to a cat 1 tractor.

I have never heard of having to adjust the arms the way you are doing. The top link is about the only thing I change and most of the time I can move it to a different hole on the tractor end and it works out for what I need.

helomech

Apr 15, 2011
East Texas
I have a mx5100 also and don't have the same issue. The only time I adjust my arms is when I am using my middle buster and I want it to go very low. But even on the highest setting it goes low enough except on weird circumstances the high setting works fine. How low does your go when not hooked to anything.

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
On my blue tractor the non-adjustable lift link has two holes in the bottom "U" end. Makes the adjustment you want easy, but the right adjustable link has to be "adjusted" also, but that is just turning a crank. I think changing hole locations on the arm lift links might be easier than crawling back to change the lift arm pivots.

Of course you can move the lift points in the arms closer to the pivots to get more range of motion out at the ends, but you lose some lift force ability.

On one blue tractor I had to shorten and re-weld a lift link to get it to do all I wanted.