MX series tractor rear remote

Jfeco

Equipment
Mx5200
Jul 8, 2018
Foley Mo
I’m going to try and put a 3rd function rear remote on my mx5200 over the weekend and without a WSM. I have a few questions. What is the proper way to bleed the hydro pressure? Also, do I need any silicone for making gaskets or are the o rings provided work fine. Has anyone done this job before?

Stretch

Equipment
Mx-5200
Jun 27, 2018
Bristol ct. Usa
Bleeding of hydraulic system will bleed its self with operation......and for the gasket sealer I would not use any.......o-rings and if it has a gasket use it.....but silicon is bad to get introduce to the hydraulic system......

Stretch

Equipment
Mx-5200
Jun 27, 2018
Bristol ct. Usa
When you said bleeding pressure off .......i take it that's before you want to work on it right? Do you have a loader on the machine,because if you do with engine off put loader control in float.....that should release pressure in system.....if you don't I would say undo the block plate slowly,with pan underneath.......

Jfeco

Equipment
Mx5200
Jul 8, 2018
Foley Mo
Thanks for the reply! Yes it has a loader on the front that’s a great idea didn’t think about putting it in float. When I take the plate off under the seat I just didn’t want high pressure fluid spraying at me

Jfeco

Equipment
Mx5200
Jul 8, 2018
Foley Mo
When you said bleeding pressure off .......i take it that's before you want to work on it right? Do you have a loader on the machine,because if you do with engine off put loader control in float.....that should release pressure in system.....if you don't I would say undo the block plate slowly,with pan underneath.......
I see you have MX 5200. Have you added a remote Or have the WSM? If so is there anything else I need to know that might be helpful?

Stretch

Equipment
Mx-5200
Jun 27, 2018
Bristol ct. Usa
When I bought this machine the dealer had 1 rear remote installed,but I would like to install another one......so let me know how your install goes.......I know after the first one the other two just stack on to the first......but haven't really had time to look at the set up.....or the parts to add another one.......

Jfeco

Equipment
Mx5200
Jul 8, 2018
Foley Mo
The install was easier than I thought but kubota doesn’t have a great parts list or description. Most of it was educated guess and they list 3 different torques for the bolts to the pump side. Also, I was wondering if there is any air in the lines that needs to be bleed out and how.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Air self bleeds out of the hydraulic system, just cycle the valve a few times. ;)