MX 6000 Ballast, Multi Seal and spacer questions.

Keadog

Equipment
MX 6000
Dec 22, 2021
Ohio
MX 6000 with R14s (tubeless). Over winter I want to add spacers as well as ballast and MultiSeal for liquid ballast tires (and regular MultiSeal in fronts).

My questions are:

1. Which ballast? I looked into Rimgard beet juice but there are no dealers anywhere around me that offer mobile service (I don't own a trailer). From the Rimgard charts, It looks like I need 57 gallons per wheel. Multiseal liquid says to make 10% of total ballast their product, so I would probably do 50 gallons of ballast and 5 gallons of Multiseal per wheel.

2. MultiSeal (as far as I can tell) is the only company that offers a tire sealant compatible with liquid ballast. We have a lot of multiflora rose and I can only image a puncture is bound to happen, since I plan to open up more food plots in the spring. I can order that and have it on hand once I find a company to come to our place to add the ballast.

3. Rear wheel spacers. The R14s were a marked improved over the R1s, stability wise, but I would like to widen the stance some. What max spacer size is OK for axle strength in the MX6000? I see 2, 2.5 and 3" for sale commonly. Of course I want to have them installed at the time (or before) the ballast goes in.

4. No one likes to overspend, but cost isn't the #1 issue here. It looks like about $300-400 for quality spacers. Not sure about ballast cost but MultiSeal is about $245 for the 5 gallon liquid compatible bucket with pump. For the fronts (air), Kubota also markets a sealant but I don't know if I should use it or the MultiSeal.

Anyone with first hand knowledge, please let me know your thoughts.
Thanks. This site has been very helpful...

Keadog

Equipment
MX 6000
Dec 22, 2021
Ohio
Also, if anyone can recommend a mobile tire service company in or around central Ohio that is capable of this, please let me know. Our barn is heated with a concrete floor and good lighting. Working in it is not unpleasant.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Also, if anyone can recommend a mobile tire service company in or around central Ohio that is capable of this, please let me know. Our barn is heated with a concrete floor and good lighting. Working in it is not unpleasant.
If want to go through a dealer Try Greens and Sons. Kubota dealer. They will travel a couple hours. Great service. Main location is Mt Sterling and they have a location at Broadway. I believe they can help you. I’ve bought three from them and are a pleasure to to have commerce with.

Keadog

Equipment
MX 6000
Dec 22, 2021
Ohio
If want to go through a dealer Try Greens and Sons. Kubota dealer. They will travel a couple hours. Great service. Main location is Mt Sterling and they have a location at Broadway. I believe they can help you. I’ve bought three from them and are a pleasure to to have commerce with.
Thanks; I'll give them a call. They look to be less than 2 hours from me.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Thanks; I'll give them a call. They look to be less than 2 hours from me.
They have been very flexible with me over the years regarding transportation and service / requests. They are good people in my experience and will make everything right. If you need something in sales as a start point I would recommend to ask for Brett.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
MX 6000 with R14s (tubeless). Over winter I want to add spacers as well as ballast and MultiSeal for liquid ballast tires (and regular MultiSeal in fronts).

My questions are:

1. Which ballast? I looked into Rimgard beet juice but there are no dealers anywhere around me that offer mobile service (I don't own a trailer). From the Rimgard charts, It looks like I need 57 gallons per wheel. Multiseal liquid says to make 10% of total ballast their product, so I would probably do 50 gallons of ballast and 5 gallons of Multiseal per wheel.

2. MultiSeal (as far as I can tell) is the only company that offers a tire sealant compatible with liquid ballast. We have a lot of multiflora rose and I can only image a puncture is bound to happen, since I plan to open up more food plots in the spring. I can order that and have it on hand once I find a company to come to our place to add the ballast.

3. Rear wheel spacers. The R14s were a marked improved over the R1s, stability wise, but I would like to widen the stance some. What max spacer size is OK for axle strength in the MX6000? I see 2, 2.5 and 3" for sale commonly. Of course I want to have them installed at the time (or before) the ballast goes in.

4. No one likes to overspend, but cost isn't the #1 issue here. It looks like about $300-400 for quality spacers. Not sure about ballast cost but MultiSeal is about $245 for the 5 gallon liquid compatible bucket with pump. For the fronts (air), Kubota also markets a sealant but I don't know if I should use it or the MultiSeal.

Anyone with first hand knowledge, please let me know your thoughts.
Thanks. This site has been very helpful...
My dealer installed bio-ballast in my rear tires on my MX6000. I have R4s and never felt the need for spacers on this machine. It’s very stable as it is. And think about when you need to trailer this tractor. The rear wheel width is 72” and most trailers are 83”, just right as it is. Wider trailers are available but not as common as 83”.

Reactions: 1 user

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
My dealer installed bio-ballast in my rear tires on my MX6000. I have R4s and never felt the need for spacers on this machine. It’s very stable as it is. And think about when you need to trailer this tractor. The rear wheel width is 72” and most trailers are 83”, just right as it is. Wider trailers are available but not as common as 83”.
R4 wheels are adjustable, his R14's are too. If you are at 72" outside of tire, your dealer did you a solid and moved them to their almost widest setting.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Keadog

Equipment
MX 6000
Dec 22, 2021
Ohio
They have been very flexible with me over the years regarding transportation and service / requests. They are good people in my experience and will make everything right. If you need something in sales as a start point I would recommend to ask for Brett.
Thanks! I've bookmarked their site.
That's a good point about trailer width - I'll have to measure. I do all of my own "easy" maintenance (greasing, oil, filters, hydraulics) but do realize it may need to go back to the dealer some day. The 50 hour was super easy - everything within reach.

Keadog

Equipment
MX 6000
Dec 22, 2021
Ohio
I would be happy to use my dealer but they don't do wheels and tires (?). I was surprised but they outsource all wheel and tire work to a place (even further away) that doesn't have a mobile service.
Again, good point about trailer width.

Keadog

Equipment
MX 6000
Dec 22, 2021
Ohio
My place is very hilly and there are some areas I would like to food plot but am very concerned about driving on it with the Kubota. I contacted Ventrac to see if they would ever produce a front mount no till drill but I think that's unlikely. Too bad because that thing can go anywhere on our property at about any angle of approach with perfect stability.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
My place is very hilly and there are some areas I would like to food plot but am very concerned about driving on it with the Kubota. I contacted Ventrac to see if they would ever produce a front mount no till drill but I think that's unlikely. Too bad because that thing can go anywhere on our property at about any angle of approach with perfect stability.
I have hilly property(s)…I have wheel weights on mine in addition to fluid. It feels really planted, especially in combination with the BH or something hanging off the 3pt….front axle still has a center pivot if using the loader though. it will never be a ventrac…I have a neighbor with one and it almost looks like magic when he goes up embankments I would not take my atv up…those things are like a Billy goat IMO.

Keadog

Equipment
MX 6000
Dec 22, 2021
Ohio
I have hilly property(s)…I have wheel weights on mine in addition to fluid. It feels really planted, especially in combination with the BH or something hanging off the 3pt….front axle still has a center pivot if using the loader though. it will never be a ventrac…I have a neighbor with one and it almost looks like magic when he goes up embankments I would not take my atv up…those things are like a Billy goat IMO.
I'm on my second Ventrac. They really are like Billy goats. I really wish I could plant with it. I have almost 800 hours on this '19 bought new and all I do is mow and blow leaves with it. Even if they had to size the notill down to 36" for weight restrictions to still have enough weight over the coulters it would be very fast and I could get areas I now let go fallow. I contacted them but I doubt the projected market would be large enough to justify the tooling.

Keadog

Equipment
MX 6000
Dec 22, 2021
Ohio
I checked am right at 72" to the outside of the rubber now, so 2.5" spacers should be OK and I would like as much more stability as possible. But thanks for mentioning that!

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
I checked am right at 72" to the outside of the rubber now, so 2.5" spacers should be OK and I would like as much more stability as possible. But thanks for mentioning that!
Your R14 wheels should be adjustable. Post a picture of the wheel.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
77” total on a 83” trailer would make me a little tense when loading and unloading

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
That is their almost widest setting. You could move the disc to the other side of the bracket in wheel and gain the width of the bracket.
That's the same wheel set up I have on the MX and I like it. You have the same set up too right? I can easily get on/off the trailer with 82" between the fenders, and with 600lb of wheel weights and around 500lb of Rim Guard the tractor feels very stable.

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
That's the same wheel set up I have on the MX and I like it. You have the same set up too right? I can easily get on/off the trailer with 82" between the fenders, and with 600lb of wheel weights and around 500lb of Rim Guard the tractor feels very stable.
Yes, I believe those are the same wheels used for R4 tires.