MX 4700 won't turn over....

Pfiltz

Jan 26, 2013
Martin, Tn. USA
Sorry if this isn't the correct forum. My father in law has a fairly new Kubota MX 4700 [less than 2 years old]. Been running great, and all of a sudden, after turuning it off to unload logs from the front end loader, it won't fire back up.

Display lights will come on, as well as headlights, but when he turns the key, nothing. Nadda....

Any ideas on what to check. Sorry for the newbie question, but I'm a photographer, and not a tractor owner. Just trying to find some answers off the forum.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Sounds like a safety switch. I don't know where they are on that model but here are a few common ones to look at.

Clutch, high/low range shifter, shuttle shift, pto lever.

When you get on the tractor if it has a shuttle shifter make sure it's in neutral, high/low shifter in neutral, pto selector is in off position and push the clutch in. If it's a HST then you need to make sure the HST pedal is in the neutral position. Try that and let us know what it does.

bandit

Equipment
mx47
Aug 6, 2015
Middlebourne
I have the same tractor .mx4700 hst for about 4 years. Shut it off yesterday and today it will not start. Got lights on dash with key on but will not turn starter. Checked the safety switchs except for the neutral switch.Will check it tomorrow. This happened one time last winter but before i could check anything it stared . Any other thoughts on what else to look at?