Mower operation

Kev009

Equipment
Kubota b26
Apr 30, 2021
Pa
Do you have to take the loader and backhoe off in order to use the mower?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Do you have to take the loader and backhoe off in order to use the mower?

NO - but, if hilly or many trees you will want to take them off.

Land wet? the added weight will create marks in the grass.

If you have a wide open lawn then leave them on.

This on your B26? I did not think it had a MMM option.

Kev009

Equipment
Kubota b26
Apr 30, 2021
Pa
NO - but, if hilly or many trees you will want to take them off.

Land wet? the added weight will create marks in the grass.

If you have a wide open lawn then leave them on.

This on your B26? I did not think it had a MMM option.
Thanks for the info, and yes its on my b26 with a 60 inch deck. The guy that delivered it said I’d have to take them off every time I wanted to cut grass. Seems like a hassle especially having to cut once or twice a week.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
If you don't take the BH off, you'll soon find that ONE low branch you were meaning to remove last year.......
I can buy more than a liftime's worth of 'used/abused' rider cutters for what K wants for MMM for the BX23S.

Reactions: 1 users

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
Not sure how easy it is to remove the FEL and BH on your model? On the BX its about 3 minutes for both!

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I can buy more than a liftime's worth of 'used/abused' rider cutters for what K wants for MMM for the BX23S.
For some reason this comment stuck in my mind...and I remembered how much gas my old riding lawnmower used for the amount of grass cut.

So while the old gas units may be cheap, they probably double fuel cost, or maybe more...so what appears as a cheap solution may actually not be as cheap as it appears...if one has a lot of grass to cut.

gordon m

Equipment
bx2380, bucket, 54 inch mower
May 2, 2021
michigan
hello, I just purchased a 2021 bx 2380 tractor, mower and bucket, I was wondering if any of you have had problems with your 54 inch mower, When i got the tractor i took the mower off to spray the bottom with graphite spray so grass wont stick, i had a little trouble getting it off, After spraying it i could not get it back on, The neighbor came over to help he could not get the arms to snap in, called the dealer he came over he had trouble also, took some pictures and measurements went back contacted kubota they told him the back of the deck where the brackets were welded on were one quarter of an inch to narrow,so he had to push the deck on so i could use it, And he ordered a new deck shell to transfer all my parts over to the new deck, has anyone had this issue with there mowers ? thanks gordon

Mlarv

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 19, 2020
Crossville TN
hello, I just purchased a 2021 bx 2380 tractor, mower and bucket, I was wondering if any of you have had problems with your 54 inch mower, When i got the tractor i took the mower off to spray the bottom with graphite spray so grass wont stick, i had a little trouble getting it off, After spraying it i could not get it back on, The neighbor came over to help he could not get the arms to snap in, called the dealer he came over he had trouble also, took some pictures and measurements went back contacted kubota they told him the back of the deck where the brackets were welded on were one quarter of an inch to narrow,so he had to push the deck on so i could use it, And he ordered a new deck shell to transfer all my parts over to the new deck, has anyone had this issue with there mowers ? thanks gordon
Nope mine comes off and on pretty easy. I bought the drive over deck which will not work for me because it slides around to much on my garage floor. So I just do it the old fashion way and drop all the subframe that holds it in and slide it out on the wheels.

Good find on the miss aligned brackets by the dealer.

Reactions: 1 user

greg86z28

Equipment
B2601
May 17, 2020
South Central Wisconsin
Nope mine comes off and on pretty easy. I bought the drive over deck which will not work for me because it slides around to much on my garage floor. So I just do it the old fashion way and drop all the subframe that holds it in and slide it out on the wheels.

Good find on the miss aligned brackets by the dealer.
same thing with my b2601.

I find that there are two situations when installing/removing the deck:

1. you are on slick surfaces like concrete. In this case, it’s easier to just slide the deck under by hand (since you’re on a slick surface)

2. you are on a non-slick surface like gravel, dirt or grass. Here it’s hard to slide the deck, but now it’s easy to drive over without it moving.

I realized if the tractor is pushing the deck, it’s probably pretty easy to slide it under by hand.

atitus

Equipment
BX1880+FEL,MMM,Blower
Feb 11, 2019
Worcester, MA
Henro, mine is VERY tight on my BX1880 with the 48" deck. The brackets seem to be dead center on the arms, it's just the tolerance is super small. If the deck isnt perfectly positioned, it's near impossible to get them on. During my last service, I asked the tech about it. He ground down the inner spacers just a tiny bit, and this helps get it on better. It's still a pain, but better. At least with this close tolerance it's not rattling around down there.