Mower desk scalp left side only.

YardMom

Equipment
Kubota zero turn ZD1211L
Jun 23, 2022
Pennsylvania
Why does my ZD1211L mower deck only scalp on the left side? Husband has checked all the settings on a flat surface, everything seems on point. I’m very particular about the look of my yard and everytime I cut it I’m so dissatisfied with the way it looks.
Im that wife that feels like my scalp wheels need to be rolling and hubby complains about it all the time.

Attachments

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I am sure your husband has checked ............ air in tires all correct?

Linkage as they should be??

ON a completely level surface ...........use a piece of wood or several pieces of thin wood and slide under till the blade barely touches on the left side (blade spun to far left) then repeat for the right side - right blade pointing to the right............

and YOU might need to lower the left anti scalp wheel a notch or two!

Mowbizz

Equipment
Bx25d
Aug 19, 2021
New Hampshire
I would cut at a higher height…why so short on such a large expanse? That and I hat everyone else says…tire pressures, deck leveling, maybe the blade on that side is warped or dull burning the grass instead of cutting? As a “Yard Mom” you must enjoy running riding your zero turn around your property…cut higher, cut more often! Win win!

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Assuming that tire air pressures have been checked:

1) measure the height of both rear tires. You may have 1 taller tire.

2) Did you check the cut height at the blade tip on both sides of the deck? IE, don't just level the deck, actually measure the blade height at the tip of the blades when at their leftmost and rightmost position. What is the condition of the left blade?

3) Check to see if blades are installed correctly. Washer on top or bottom of all blades. While you're under there, look to see if the blade has been installed upside down. You may laugh, but I inherited a mower from my BIL who hated the cutting performance of the mower, so he asked me to take it. Well, upon inspection, I found that he had installed the blade upside down. It cut much better after I flipped it. ;)

Reactions: 1 user