Mower deck & tiller

Oceandiver

Equipment
BX2380
Mar 12, 2024
Southern Indiana
I have a BX2380, with a mower deck. I use a tiller on the back, or a cultipacker. Problem is, when I lower the tiller, the mower deck goes down also. Is there any way to isolate the mower deck from the 3 point hitch so the mower deck just stays in the up position when I'm using the attachments?

This hasn't been problem in the past, the mower deck just sort of goes along for the ride, but I am getting a flail mower, and may really need to keep the mower deck out of the way. I guess I could just take the mower deck off when necessary, but that wouldn't be much fun.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
I am sure there is a way since I have read on several threads.

Some are pinned up, others have a lock position on the height adjustment knob.

Probably covered in the operator manual that you may be able to get on Kubota books dot com

Reactions: 1 user

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I have a BX2380, with a mower deck. I use a tiller on the back, or a cultipacker. Problem is, when I lower the tiller, the mower deck goes down also. Is there any way to isolate the mower deck from the 3 point hitch so the mower deck just stays in the up position when I'm using the attachments?

This hasn't been problem in the past, the mower deck just sort of goes along for the ride, but I am getting a flail mower, and may really need to keep the mower deck out of the way. I guess I could just take the mower deck off when necessary, but that wouldn't be much fun.
You have a knob below seat - raise the deck all the way and turn this knob to TOP - if it turns to TOP then it will stay there - IF it will not turn to TOP, let us know.

Oceandiver

Equipment
BX2380
Mar 12, 2024
Southern Indiana
You have a knob below seat - raise the deck all the way and turn this knob to TOP - if it turns to TOP then it will stay there - IF it will not turn to TOP, let us know.
I raised the deck, turned the knob to "top", and the deck still goes down with the 3 point hitch. Anything else I can do ?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I raised the deck, turned the knob to "top", and the deck still goes down with the 3 point hitch. Anything else I can do ?

Now the question is - is IT going all the way to TOP?

There is a nut and bolt behind the drivers rear wheel that may need adjusting.