Mower deck height moving

Bxmike

Equipment
Bx2670
Feb 11, 2017
ny
While mowing today the mowing adjustment knob kept moving on it's own . I would set it to 3 look down as I'm scalping moved to 2.5 ... another time I look it's up to 3.75. I have mowed 5 times and never had this problem. Any ideas ?

groomerbuck

Nov 14, 2015
Palmerton, Pennsylvania,
My 2370 has been doing the same thing and i have no idea why. It only has 48hrs on it and maybe 10 of those hrs are mowing. Im gonna craw under it this week and take a peek and see if i cant figure it out. I know its under warranty but id hate to take it in if its a simply fix/solution that i can make.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
While mowing today the mowing adjustment knob kept moving on it's own . I would set it to 3 look down as I'm scalping moved to 2.5 ... another time I look it's up to 3.75. I have mowed 5 times and never had this problem. Any ideas ?
See if this helps - tighten on 180?? Or 230?

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
See thats the problem, if you guys cut your grass like the OL does shes not happy unless she can see the worms arses,, and thats why I have to replace the wheels every year because she figured out how to lower the deck to mud high :D

1970cs

Apr 26, 2016
Grand Ledge
On new machines, with the same complaints, we have removed the paint from the #160 steps to create a better bite.

Pat

Bxmike

Equipment
Bx2670
Feb 11, 2017
ny
Learned a long time ago I am better off mowing myself . I don't have to repair or replace blades after wife mowed. Besides it frees her up to work on the honey do list. That said I'm pretty sure it's mechanical not operator error. Thanks for the info. I will have dealer mechanic look at it when the come out for a couple other problems that have surfaced.

Oldmansbike

Equipment
BX2370
May 26, 2016
Wever,Iowa
I had the same problem with my 2370 last summer when it was new. The dealer replaced the step thing in the picture above because the original one was wore already. That one lasted about a month and it started doing it again. Dealer came and got it and said the new one was already wore down. They put another new one in and this time they heat treated it. Dealer said they seemed soft to him. It's been almost a year and so far it has not moved while mowing and the knob seems easier to adjust too.

Frank Peters

Equipment
Mower Bx 2360
Jul 27, 2012
Moe Victoria Australia
Hi All,
The design of the lifting and setting of mower on BX is a bad one. It will create problems and need constant adjustments. Mine is reasonably working after I modified the adjusting bolt to high tensile, welded two nuts on the fork and polish and grease the side of the arm it is in contact. But it is a stuff up and I told Kubota last year. Regards Frank

Bxmike

Equipment
Bx2670
Feb 11, 2017
ny
Decided to take mine apart and clean paint off. What a pain in the rear. I hope l never have any big issues that require me to have to dig onto that section . Could not even see the path of the shaft through. Managed to get under the tractor and get it off . Covered in paint. Minor gauling. Cleaned and installed. Thunder storms and rain today might get out and mow Saturday.

Bxmike

Equipment
Bx2670
Feb 11, 2017
ny
I should have blocked it up and removed rear tire. I'm left handed and had to use my right to take off and put on as my left arm was pinned against tire. What I don't understand is there aversion to using lock washers on small bolts. Had to replace nuts and washers on 3 of 4 bolts to the seat.if they don't want lw then why not lock nuts?

groomerbuck

Nov 14, 2015
Palmerton, Pennsylvania,
Ok, so i mowed again today, about 2acres. The mower height still moves on me after the paint removal. It only moved on me twice 1 click which is a lot better then it was but its still not 100% correct. I guess i gotta call kubota monday.

Bxmike

Equipment
Bx2670
Feb 11, 2017
ny
Did not fix my problem either. Actually set the height I watched as lowered the the deck and can see it move a notch. Thought perhaps it was hitting anti scalp wheels and pushing up but it is not. Going to have to load it up and take to the dealer.

groomerbuck

Nov 14, 2015
Palmerton, Pennsylvania,
Dropped off my bx at the dealer today. Service manager claims he has never heard of this issue. Makes me feel very confident the problem will get resolved... i guess ill just have to wait and see.

Oldmansbike

Equipment
BX2370
May 26, 2016
Wever,Iowa
Groomer buck tell them to put a new step thing on but harden it with a torch first. It's been almost a year now and mine hasn't moved at all .

groomerbuck

Nov 14, 2015
Palmerton, Pennsylvania,
Just got the little bx back from the dealer today and mowed 2acres with it and the mower deck stayed where i set it!
The dealer said the regional rep told them the notches on the cam are not deep enough so they have been taking a die grinder and making the groves/steps deeper on the cam. The dealer also told me there is an updated nut that they installed that kubota has been using as part of the remedy.