Mounting b2781b to my 2650 tractor

wacnstac

Equipment
loader, forks, box blade, disc
Apr 3, 2018
Wellston, MI
Getting ready to try mounting this blower to my tractor. My question is, when mounting the quick hitch to support the blower, do you need to stick the drive shaft between it and the mid pto at the same time you mount the quick hitch, or are those two different operations? The instructions are not clear about that.

NoJacketRequired

Equipment
B7510 & LA302 FEL & B2782 blower, B7510 & B2781 blower, B2410 & B2550 blower
May 25, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Can't speak to your specific model, but on my three B-series tractors (2410 and 7510's) the quick hitch goes on first. The drive shaft from the mid PTO to the quick hitch has a good range of extension on it.

Just remember, that shaft doesn't get to extend or retract very often, only when installing and removing, so it could easily be frozen in one position. Keeping the slip joint on this shaft well lubed seems more critical than the other shafts which are exposed to regular in-out movement such as is encountered when raising and lowering the blower.

wacnstac

Equipment
Apr 3, 2018
Wellston, MI
So I got the blower attached and everything is OK there. Now I have a hydraulic issue. The blower is attached to my loader hydraulics. The up/down or white/yellow ports are connected to the up/down piston on the blower. I have the blue/red ports connected to a hydraulic chute rotator.

The up/down on the blower works great, but the chute rotator will only go one way no matter which way the lines are hooked up.

If I swap the up/down with the chute rotator on the loader ports, everything works, but in this scenario, I would have no float.

Any ideas?

200mph

Equipment
L4740-3 Cab, FEL, Fnt Snow Blower L2185, LP Finish Mower, LP Rotary Mower
Mar 3, 2017
PA
Problem solved. Had to shove the loader lever over to R2 to make it work in the other direction.
Glad you figured it out. Catches many unsuspecting snowblower users the first time, including myself.

wacnstac

Equipment
Apr 3, 2018
Wellston, MI
I guess I don't understand why this is necessary. After all you push fluid through the system in the R1 position using the curl feature with the loader.

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
I guess I don't understand why this is necessary. After all you push fluid through the system in the R1 position using the curl feature with the loader.
It is because the first position R1 as you describe it is a regenerative dump position (some call it fast dump) is has pressurized fluid coming out of both ports. The dump cylinders move because the large end overpowers the rod end. A hydraulic motor with pressure applied to both sides does not move.

NoJacketRequired

Equipment
B7510 & LA302 FEL & B2782 blower, B7510 & B2781 blower, B2410 & B2550 blower
May 25, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Move the lever part way to R1 position for regenerative dump. Push it allllll the way over to R2 position. There's a detent separating the two positions (or at least there is on my LA302 loader).