Mounting a trailer hitch ball on the rear of a BX23S

58Ford

Equipment
BX23s, LA340, BT603, RCR1248, PFL1242, STB1072
Jan 1, 2022
SW Washington
Yes, that is the one. Easy on wasn’t any benefit to me either. FWIW the weld wasn’t great on mine so there’s nothing easy about it. Massaged it on with a hammer and rubber pad. Pin locks it all in very tight. It does have anchor points. I picked that one specifically because it can stay on with the BH in place and I was ordering their belly armor regardless. The others I wasn’t 100% sure but look like they won’t interfere with the BH.

ejb11235

Equipment
BX23S, Braber BBR4G 4' Box Blade & LRM5G 5' landscape rake
Jan 20, 2022
Seattle, WA, USA
Yes, that is the one. Easy on wasn’t any benefit to me either. FWIW the weld wasn’t great on mine so there’s nothing easy about it. Massaged it on with a hammer and rubber pad. Pin locks it all in very tight. It does have anchor points. I picked that one specifically because it can stay on with the BH in place and I was ordering their belly armor regardless. The others I wasn’t 100% sure but look like they won’t interfere with the BH.
Ah, so turns out not really be quick or easy. That was certainly its main selling point over the bolt-on units. From what I remember, all of the receivers I have seen are claimed to not interfere with the backhoe.

I'm not very familiar with tie-downs and chains, but when I look at the picture of all of the receivers except the Ai2, I can see that the trailer chain hook would fit, but I wonder if the tie-down hooks would fit in the hole.

58Ford

Equipment
BX23s, LA340, BT603, RCR1248, PFL1242, STB1072
Jan 1, 2022
SW Washington
Go with the A12. I had to undo my bolts anyway on the plate for the install because the gap was pinched by the weld. And you’re right - I will likely have to be a bit choosy with my hooks because of the diameter of the slots.

BXpanded gets criticized for shipping products that aren’t always 100%. That’s fair as far as I am concerned- it just wasn’t enough to bother me. The belly armor though? Frigging love it!

Reactions: 1 user

ejb11235

Equipment
BX23S, Braber BBR4G 4' Box Blade & LRM5G 5' landscape rake
Jan 20, 2022
Seattle, WA, USA
Go with the A12. I had to undo my bolts anyway on the plate for the install because the gap was pinched by the weld. And you’re right - I will likely have to be a bit choosy with my hooks because of the diameter of the slots.

BXpanded gets criticized for shipping products that aren’t always 100%. That’s fair as far as I am concerned- it just wasn’t enough to bother me. The belly armor though? Frigging love it!
Oh cool. Thanks! The Ai2 is back-ordered ... I think I'll call them this week and get on the wait-list. I'm in no hurry now that winter is here.

I also have the BXpanded belly armor and their quick disconnect back hoe system and the trenching bucket and ripper. Those were all fine products.

[EDIT]I got an e-mail from Ai2 yesterday saying they would put me on the waiting list for their hitch if I provided them with my name, phone number and address. I e-mailed those today. In the meantime, I'm heading over to Home Depot right now to pick up two hitch balls I ordered. Not sure if I'll keep them now ... $20 is $20.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Bugzilla46310

Equipment
2022 BX2680 198? AC 916H
May 22, 2022
Demotte, IN
I'm not very familiar with tie-downs and chains, but when I look at the picture of all of the receivers except the Ai2, I can see that the trailer chain hook would fit, but I wonder if the tie-down hooks would fit in the hole.
That is so they sell you shackles,

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user