Mount a FEL on a L245DT

Greg Maine

Equipment
L245DT
Feb 4, 2022
maine
I have a L245DT, and I want to mount a loader on it. How are they mounted on the tractor? I have seen photos, but they rarely show mounting brackets. If I find a loader, I will need to insure I have the correct mounting brackets. Thank You

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I have a L245DT, and I want to mount a loader on it. How are they mounted on the tractor? I have seen photos, but they rarely show mounting brackets. If I find a loader, I will need to insure I have the correct mounting brackets. Thank You
I think you are looking at a significant fabrication project. A loader with the proper OEM brackets will be hard to come by. Here is the B1730 loader attaching kit parts diagram for the L245DT tractor. There are five attachment points boxed in red:
  1. Front of frame
  2. Left side of frame
  3. Right side of frame
  4. Left rear axle housing
  5. Right rear axle housing
Dan

1656156065095.png

Greg Maine

Equipment
L245DT
Feb 4, 2022
maine
I think you are looking at a significant fabrication project. A loader with the proper OEM brackets will be hard to come by. Here is the B1730 loader attaching kit parts diagram for the L245DT tractor. There are five attachment points boxed in red:
  1. Front of frame
  2. Left side of frame
  3. Right side of frame
Dan

View attachment 82311
thank you this is what I was looking for

Greg Maine

Equipment
L245DT
Feb 4, 2022
maine
  1. Front of frame
  2. Left side of frame
  3. Right side of frame
Dan

View attachment 82311
Thank you this is perfect

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Greg, if you look closely at the side of your transmission you'll find some tapped holes. They may have a plastic plugs still in them, or filled with mud if no plug is there. Those are the frame mounting points. Those will tell you how to fabricate everything on the side to determine where the loader tower bottoms fit.

There are also some tapped holes on the bottom of the transmission that are in line with the side holes. These holes will anchor the steel connecting the side pieces the towers set in.

When the side and underneath frame is finished and attached you can determine the length of the bars that go from the bottom of the towers to the rear axle. These are critical for support so don't overlook them.

A few years back I bought a 5' bucket and loader from a guy in Arkansas and fabricated the entire mounting hardware for an L305. If you do a search on here you may find some pictures. If you'd like more details let me know.

Most critical information before starting is to know the width of your tractor and compare that to in inside dimension of the loader arms. IT HAS TO FIT. Have fun.

Greg Maine

Equipment
L245DT
Feb 4, 2022
maine
Greg, if you look closely at the side of your transmission you'll find some tapped holes. They may have a plastic plugs still in them, or filled with mud if no plug is there. Those are the frame mounting points. Those will tell you how to fabricate everything on the side to determine where the loader tower bottoms fit.

There are also some tapped holes on the bottom of the transmission that are in line with the side holes. These holes will anchor the steel connecting the side pieces the towers set in.

When the side and underneath frame is finished and attached you can determine the length of the bars that go from the bottom of the towers to the rear axle. These are critical for support so don't overlook them.

A few years back I bought a 5' bucket and loader from a guy in Arkansas and fabricated the entire mounting hardware for an L305. If you do a search on here you may find some pictures. If you'd like more details let me know.

Most critical information before starting is to know the width of your tractor and compare that to in inside dimension of the loader arms. IT HAS TO FIT. Have fun.
Thank you. I do love a challenge and I have lots of patience.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
All the bolts will be metric, and have to be a specific length. I bought them all at Fastenal and were over $125 back then.