MMM on B7510 not cutting cleanly

jcasper

Equipment
B7510
Aug 24, 2012
Hillsboro
My midmount mower is not cutting all that great. It always leaves a little grass standing, mostly on the discharge side. I don't always run up at 960PTO speed, usually a hair less. I don't like the tractor being wide open all the time. I know it won't hurt it so I'll try that but I think there must be something else.

I sharpened the blades at the beginning of the season and it wasn't much better.

Are there some blades that are better to use or .....?

TIA, Joe

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
My midmount mower is not cutting all that great. It always leaves a little grass standing, mostly on the discharge side. I don't always run up at 960PTO speed, usually a hair less. I don't like the tractor being wide open all the time. I know it won't hurt it so I'll try that but I think there must be something else.

I sharpened the blades at the beginning of the season and it wasn't much better.

Are there some blades that are better to use or .....?

TIA, Joe

Leaves a little grass standing.............not sure what that looks like. Is the front a tad lower that the back? If blades are the right size and sharp, little that can be wrong, unless the angle of the deck has got off somehow. Is this a two blade system or three? On older models, if you cut real hard to one side it would leave a strip near the middle.....

Can you take a picture and let us see what it looks like?

jcasper

Equipment
B7510
Aug 24, 2012
Hillsboro
Leaves a little grass standing.............not sure what that looks like. Is the front a tad lower that the back? If blades are the right size and sharp, little that can be wrong, unless the angle of the deck has got off somehow. Is this a two blade system or three? On older models, if you cut real hard to one side it would leave a strip near the middle.....

Can you take a picture and let us see what it looks like?
I'll take a picture next time I mow.

I probably need to level the deck a little better while it's on the concrete. I'll try and dig up the manual on the MMM.

It is a 3 blade system, it's not too old. The mower has less then 30 hours of mowing time on it.

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
That can be as simple as grass cuttings jammed and dried in the mower body. The blades have upward curves, and supposedly suck the grass up into them for cutting. If there is a lot of compacted cuttings jammed in the housing it doesn't work well any more.
You can get blades with more curvature that give more vacuum and toss the cuttings out better.