MMM advice

slickwilly1976

Equipment
L1500,L1500dt, B2920,bush hog,tiller,scrape blade,cub lo-boy
Jul 14, 2013
Rocky face Ga
I just bought a B2920 yesterday and was wondering if anyone on here had any experience with the mid mount mowing decks. I know they're really pricey. My cub tractor had one and it was a pain in the butt because it sat low and it hang on everything when I was doing three point hitch work. It was to hard to remove. My new Kubota on the other had sits higher. How hard is it to take on and off? I like the MMM'S for mowing but I dont want to be back in that same situation I was in with my cub.
:confused:

psvines

Equipment
BX2660
Aug 23, 2013
Earlysville, VA
I realize a B and BX are quite different, but after 5 years with my BX2660 I now put the MMM on in the spring and it stays on for the mowing season. The effort to remove or install is minimal, but more than the effort to be careful while doing other FEL work.

beckmurph

Equipment
Kubota LX2610TLB/Woods finish mower/woods rotary cutter/
Aug 23, 2012
catlettsburg, ky
Your mmm is a drive over deck. Once you get used to removing and mounting your deck, it will be a lot easier. It is a lot easier if you do this on a concrete surface. Then again if your mounting the deck while on a rough surface the deck wont slide around when driving over it. This is what happened to me when I would try to drive over the deck in the garage:rolleyes:.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Yes, the B has a drive over deck. It is extremely easy to remove and install. And I did mine on the gravel driveway. It's a non-issue.

Haven't mowed with it yet though.....waiting for the feet of snow to disappear.

slickwilly1976

Equipment
Jul 14, 2013
Rocky face Ga
Well I think im going to order it. I know they use the three point arms too hold it up
but can it been pinned up to the frame so you can use the three point arms?

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Yes, it can be locked up so it doesn't move with the 3 pt arms.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Id save your penny's and buy I'm sure a more affordable 3pt finish mower. Sooo much faster to take on and off on ANY surface and you can beat the rear discharge deck either. People whine they can't get as close with a rear mower as they do with a mid but I have a rear and get right up beside houses and all sorts of tight areas with no problems.

Plus if you're doing a quick loader job then you can leave it on the back and keep it up out of the way. The tractor gets alot better ground clearance without worrying if a mid mower will hang up on something. As you stated that was a problem with the Cubby

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
I second what Eric says. A good finish mower will cost less than the Kubota branded mid mount mower, is really easy to get on and off, and can do dual duty as ballast for the FEL. Also easier to sharpen blades and maintain the deck.

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
Before you buy a mid mount, check as to the linkages you have to add. Also the adjustments of the lifting brackets seem easy from the Manual instructions, but I found they are quite fussy. If not done right you get uneven cuts. Having run both kinds, I see little mowing advantage with the MMM and lots of grief when trying to get some earth work done, even with it locked at the top position.

slickwilly1976

Equipment
Jul 14, 2013
Rocky face Ga
Before you buy a mid mount, check as to the linkages you have to add. Also the adjustments of the lifting brackets seem easy from the Manual instructions, but I found they are quite fussy. If not done right you get uneven cuts. Having run both kinds, I see little mowing advantage with the MMM and lots of grief when trying to get some earth work done, even with it locked at the top position.
Thats kind of what I thought but the dealer told me yesterday they had one with out the mounting hardware and they told me I could have the deck if I bought the hardware for it. Apparantly the hardware got lost. I think its just the arms on the back of the deck that hook to tbe 3 point that are missing. I may try it then if I dont like it get a finish mower.

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
Assuming you may have trouble with things, I am attaching three jpeg files from my copy of the factory workshop manual showing linkages on the tractor, sort of. These from the BX manual and may be somewhat different. Be sure youalready have the mower height knob, setting just under your seat front.

Attachments

Last edited:

slickwilly1976

Equipment
Jul 14, 2013
Rocky face Ga
thanks for the pics, and I'm glad you said something about the knob Ill look when I get home but I bet I don't have it.