MID PTO Replacement B2650

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Just like 1970cs said, brake parts cleaner, and sealer, tighten it down and then fill it up and go. ;)

NEPA Guy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650HSDC, Spacers, FEL, BH, Snowblower, Snowplow, PBar, Forks
Nov 28, 2015
Pennsyltucky
Here's a link to a video I made last night. There is now a clicking sound when I engage the mid pto. I wasn't sure and I posted a link in a semi related thread yesterday where I had a filter leak issue that is seemingly resolved.

https://youtu.be/xqbPQrp-8Nw

I'm disappointed that I somehow screwed up this apparently simple operation. .

I'm not going to bother with a write up or post photos. I'm calling the shop and having them pick up the heap.

I'll have them investigate what went wrong with my suction filter and determine the cause of the clicking sound from the mid pto.

If there is a lesson to be had, it's if it's under warranty, let someone else fix it.

I tried to save $ by doing it myself now I'll be paying the 300 round trip delivery and I'm out 300 in parts, 4 gallons of sudt fluid, and 2 filters, from what I tried to do myself. God knows what else I'll be charged. I'll estimate a total loss of $1,000 and now I'm into a month's downtime

All over a stripped $%@# bolt.

So take it from me kids. Just pay while you're ahead. :(

NEPA Guy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650HSDC, Spacers, FEL, BH, Snowblower, Snowplow, PBar, Forks
Nov 28, 2015
Pennsyltucky
I've been laid up for a while, hurt my back so I've been kinda useless these past few weeks.

To put an end to the saga. I got the tractor back from the dealer and after they said they were going to take it apart and put a bore scope inside to see what was going on, they didn't.

It seems a conversation between the dealer and the kubota rep who came down to do an inspection said the clicking noise was normal. Something about a brake clutch? I give up. At the very least it will be covered under warranty if it breaks. I run it at full RPM and it doesn't go away like they said it would.

I'm a bit disappointed but I plan to take it apart again when my next SUDT swap is due and swap out the bearings. Maybe that will make a difference.

L3010HST

Equipment
L3010HST w/LA481 loader; Land Pride RB2672 Blade and RF2060 Rotary
Apr 29, 2013
PNW
I need to replace my L3010 mid-PTO seal too, it's been a slow leaker for some time. Have all my fluid drained. Seal comes in today/tomorrow.

Do i really have to remove the PTO casing from the tranny to do this?

Or can I replace seal with housing in place?

Thanks.