mid mount mower

tractor kid

Feb 23, 2014
south carolina
I just recently bought my first tractor a used b3200. Because i don't know anything about tractors i was needing some advice on the belly mower. I thought about buying one but I can not find a lever on the tractor to raise the belly mower when it is not in use. how do you raise the belly mower and does any one know what the height clearance is while it is on the tractor. It just didn't make since to me that the belly mower rides on the ground when you are not using it.

Kub3200

Jul 14, 2013
USA
It's the same lever that raises and lowers the rear implement.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

beckmurph

Equipment
Kubota LX2610TLB/Woods finish mower/woods rotary cutter/
Aug 23, 2012
catlettsburg, ky
The B3200 uses the 3 point hitch to raise and loser the mmm.
There are 2 rods that are connected to the 3ph when the mmm system is installed on the this B.
You set the mowing height by adjusting the roller and casters on the mmm deck.
The mmm is a ground engaging type mower deck. It is not suspended from the tractor its self.:)

tractor kid

Feb 23, 2014
south carolina
well that makes no sense. That means i can not have a rear attachment and the belly mower on the tractor at the same time. I might as well go with the much cheaper 3pth finish mower if I am going to have to take something on and off the tractor when I use it. thanks for your reply and can you tell me any advantages to having a belly mower over a 3pth mower

beckmurph

Equipment
Aug 23, 2012
catlettsburg, ky
The two rods that I mentioned are attached to the rod that the lower links are mounted on. The brackets that the rods are attached to are on the inside of the lower links on that rod. Even though the mmm uses the 3ph, you can still have an attachment on the rear and attached to the 3ph. You could have a mmm and a finish mower or bush hog attached at the same time and run both if you wanted to.
When you raise the 3ph, both attachments would raise. :cool:
I hope this helps.

beckmurph

Equipment
Aug 23, 2012
catlettsburg, ky
I have both a mmm and a rear finish mower. mmm is good if you are cutting along a fence or obstacles in your yard. You can look down at the edge of the mower and not have to look over your shoulder to see where the mower is. You will have to get down on the ground to hook up mmm. And reach under the tractor to hook up the pto shaft. You will better off to do this on a concrete floor or driveway. If this is your primary mower and not unhooking it often that is not a problem.
The rear mount mower is good for backing under bushes or low hanging limbs. You can hook and unhook the rear finish mower any place. And you will be able to stand up while hooking the rfm up. :D

tractor kid

Feb 23, 2014
south carolina
well that's good news. you have been very helpful. thank you. I think I will continue to consider the mmm. Are there any issues with the front loader that I have on it. I really don't want to take the front loader on and off either.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Get a manual for the mmm, most have a lever or other device to latch the mmm in the upright position to allow you to still use the 3 point separate while keeping the mmm off the ground.

beckmurph

Equipment
Aug 23, 2012
catlettsburg, ky
2013-08-03_13-54-59_93.jpg

2013-08-03_13-55-11_234.jpg

2013-08-03_13-55-20_687.jpg
When the 3ph is lifted the orange arm is raised by the lower link, and the small rod on the bottom of the orange arm rotates a link on the mower that lifts the mmm up. Hope this helps you.

beckmurph

Equipment
Aug 23, 2012
catlettsburg, ky
The fel is on and off in less than five minutes. Just unhook it on a flat level surface and release the pressure on the controls. Unhook your hoses and back away. You can take the locking pins out while sitting in the seat. Very easy to do.
If you are mowing around objects that you value, then it is best to drop the fel.
If you are cutting out in the open with no obstructions, then leave the fel on if you want to.
With a rfm, the fel will give you more balance when lifting the mower, or turning, with the mower raised.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Save your lunch money and buy the cheaper 3pt finish mower. So much faster and easier to take on and off and you don't have to wrestle it under the tractor to take it off.

Donystoy

Equipment
LX2610HSDCC, B/H, Loader, plus numerous other attachments. B7200 sold
Dec 10, 2013
Binbrook, Ontario
Save your lunch money and buy the cheaper 3pt finish mower. So much faster and easier to take on and off and you don't have to wrestle it under the tractor to take it off.
Amen to that. My under mount mower came with my tractor 30 years ago and looks like new. Cant remember when I used it last. A complete pain to install and remove especially if you have to do it on the ground. I was told originally that you can drive over them with the front wheels to help in the installation instead of sliding them sideways (wheels spin 90 deg's) to get them under the tractor. I ended up bending the belt covers. You certainly have to install it in an area with lots of room and a flat concrete surface.

If I was ever going to dedicate my Kubota to just cutting the lawn I would install it again and leave it there.