mid-mount mower belt replacement

Tractor Gal

Equipment
BX23D MLB
Oct 30, 2020
NC
My tractor (BX23) has a 60" mid mount mower, RCK60B-BX22. Currently, it doesn't need a new belt but I want to get one since it need one at some point. Wouild anyone recommend a good belt, perhaps other than from Kubota? Some of these parts are quite pricey. Thanks for suggestions.

TG

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
My tractor (BX23) has a 60" mid mount mower, RCK60B-BX22. Currently, it doesn't need a new belt but I want to get one since it need one at some point. Wouild anyone recommend a good belt, perhaps other than from Kubota? Some of these parts are quite pricey. Thanks for suggestions.

TG
My experience has taught me that manufacturer supplied V belts are well worth the cost in HD applications such as lawn tractors, mower decks, etc.

Reactions: 2 users

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I too am of the camp - OEM in most cases provide the better solution.

Donystoy

Equipment
LX2610HSDCC, B/H, Loader, plus numerous other attachments. B7200 sold
Dec 10, 2013
Binbrook, Ontario
I went through this myself and tried other high power Gates belts obtained from a local supply house. They could also supply the proper oem belts in some cases but were just about the same cost as the dealer. My conclusion was to stay with the Kevlar oem belts from the dealer. I was replacing the other belts almost yearly.

crbr

Equipment
2006 B7800, 2022 BX1880
Jan 8, 2010
TN
Cheap belts aren't good and good belts aren't cheap...

Reactions: 1 user

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA

TG
I have the same mower deck. After 19 years of use on my BX2200 the belt still works, but the ribs separated, so it is like there are two separate belts working in tandem and no longer joined together.

The OEM belt is expensive, but I figured over nearly 20 years the price difference would not matter much...so I bought Kubota OEM. Plan on replacing the old belt this month or next...even though the original is still working...

Edit: Take a good look at the belt on the mower now. Might be better to wait until you really need one before ordering. Just judging from my personal experience...of course, who knows what belt might be on the mower deck now, if you are not the original owner...

Mowbizz

Equipment
Bx25d
Aug 19, 2021
New Hampshire
I just serviced my 2013 BX MMM getting ready to sell. Original belt looks perfect. When I mowed commercially, I kept a spare for my Exmark Zero Turn but that was so I make a field swap if needed.
Never hurts to have spares though!
That said, I would go with an OEM belt.

Tractor Gal

Equipment
BX23D MLB
Oct 30, 2020
NC
Thanks for the input, gentlemen. My mind was tending toward the OEM belt as recommended here. I had checked reviews for some of the others and they were not good. Plus, if the replacement is slightly smaller or larger...what a mess it would be.

One of the motivators for getting a belt now is that parts will only become more expensive so why wait? And, it doesn't have to be replaced until needed but there won't be any down time while waiting for a new one.

Good to have advice from people who know something...and that's you. :)

TG

Reactions: 1 users

Mowbizz

Equipment
Bx25d
Aug 19, 2021
New Hampshire
Thanks for the input, gentlemen. My mind was tending toward the OEM belt as recommended here. I had checked reviews for some of the others and they were not good. Plus, if the replacement is slightly smaller or larger...what a mess it would be.

One of the motivators for getting a belt now is that parts will only become more expensive so why wait? And, it doesn't have to be replaced until needed but there won't be any down time while waiting for a new one.

Good to have advice from people who know something...and that's you. :)

TG
I may just get some spares for my new zero turn…thanks for the “prodding”😂