Mid mount linkage issue(bx2370)

Justavillain

Sep 6, 2015
Grand Rapids Mi
When I bought my bx2370 I got the mmm and a snowblower. I removed the mmm right away and used it as a tractor.

My lawnmower has since been sidelined so I added the mmm and removed the FEL. Well it was a pain to remount the mmm. The mid mount linkage would not drop without a pry bar. I ran it mowed my lawn and put it back in the barn. The deck went up and down just as it should.

I just got it out today and the mmm will not raise or lower at all.

I adjusted the valve flow control maxed in both directions,nothing then about half way. The 3 pt moves freely. The mmm still runs and mows.

And ideas before I load it up and bring it to the dealer?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
When I bought my bx2370 I got the mmm and a snowblower. I removed the mmm right away and used it as a tractor.

My lawnmower has since been sidelined so I added the mmm and removed the FEL. Well it was a pain to remount the mmm. The mid mount linkage would not drop without a pry bar. I ran it mowed my lawn and put it back in the barn. The deck went up and down just as it should.

I just got it out today and the mmm will not raise or lower at all.

I adjusted the valve flow control maxed in both directions,nothing then about half way. The 3 pt moves freely. The mmm still runs and mows.

And ideas before I load it up and bring it to the dealer?
Is the dial setting in the locked position ?

when you used the crow bar.......do you think that may have done anything to create the lack of movement?:)

Justavillain

Sep 6, 2015
Grand Rapids Mi
The pry bar wasn't much. The link dropped down after a small twist. I'm guessing the lack of the drop was from it being new and little to no use.

I would pin it on me but it worked like a dream the other day when it was put back on and ran to mow my lawn.

The height dial is locked at 3. The deck is stuck in the down position.

Humblebub

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX 2370 with MMW, FEL and snow blower
I had something similar. Was mowing and MMM was stuck down. Could not move it. FEL and 3PH worked fine. After and hour of frustration called the dealer who confirmed he would come right over. Mower is raised by 3PH and linkage connects to the right of your left rear wheel. It is the shiny bolt you can see below.

Mine had fallen off and mechanic replaced the piece, told me it should not have happened and there was no charge.

Justavillain

Sep 6, 2015
Grand Rapids Mi
Humble you're correct on my issue. And unfortunately it will be going to the dealer and better be under warranty.

I found this pin on the barn floor this morning and thought it was off my beat up lawnmower. Since the pin hole is slotted. The tractor was delivered with the mmm on. I removed it till last week....

The hour meter for posterity

Gump

Equipment
BX2670
Sep 6, 2015
Wapakoneta, Ohio
Sure happy you folks posted this info. Just got my 2670 this week, might be a good idea to go around and check these area's. Was looking around the engine compartment right after delivery and found 2 note 2 mouse nests between the radiator and the catch screen. That could have caused some real trouble if wife had not noted the temp gauge. Thanks for posting.

Justavillain

Sep 6, 2015
Grand Rapids Mi
The big issue I have is that the link is broken. The dealer is only about 2 miles down the road so it's a benefit. The downside is that tomorrow is labor day. So Tuesday is the soonest I can fix it.