Mechanical problem with plow

brazoayeye

Jan 4, 2016
Veneto, Italy
Hi, i have a bulltra b1-14 and i'm having some problems while using the plow.

Basically i have 2 troubles:
  1. The fixing pole in the photo is bending
    I suppose it has to work pulling the plow both side. For this reason in both side the pole is bending to the rear.
  2. The lifting is always very low (at the maximum heigh i frequently touch the ground if the land is not flat)
    Probably it's because the plow was mounted as a custom tool. All adjustable screw are tight to lift the plow as high as possible. I will probably cut some pieces to fix it.

Is there something wrong? can upload more photos if needed.

Attachments

brazoayeye

Jan 4, 2016
Veneto, Italy
OK, i'll do that.

Making the topic i thought that i could swap the inner stopper with the middle component to increase the lever arm increasing the distance between the two active components.

I'll update if the problem worsen

Kubota Newbie

Equipment
M4500, New Idea Cut-Ditioner, JD 14T Baler, IH "Plow Chief" plows, Oliver Rake
Dec 28, 2010
Mount Vernon, Ohio
You also normally need to have the sway links (they are chains with a turnbuckle on many Kubota tractors) loose on a 3 point hitch plow so that it will swing back and forth some. That way it will self center behind the tractor if all else is adjusted properly. My International Harvester 3 bottom plow is impossible to use behind my Kubota M4500 if I have the chains tight.

workhorse

Jan 14, 2016
Alden, franklinville, boston
Sway links mounted in correct location ? They appear fairly close to lift arms. As I recall on all my rigs they were much further from the arms and closer to the tires.. ?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The problem your having is because of cheap, soft aftermarket arms, pins and links. :(
The only real fix is replace the parts with stock parts that are built much better and much harder. ;)