Maybe I should have just ordered

Heehaw

Equipment
MX5400hst Kubota Z726X
Oct 4, 2022
Michigan
I bought and paid for a new MX5400 on a dealer lot back in Dec. At the time I was was going to order the tractor from a local dealer but found this one on a lot 2 hours away.
The problem now is Kubota cannot/will not give the dealer an eta for the lever kits for the 3 rear remotes that I ordered. So 3 months later the tractor continues to sit on the dealers lot waiting for parts. It’s not that I have to have the tractor now but it would be nice to have. If this was my local dealership that is 1/2 hour away I would just have them deliver it now and have them come get it when the lever kits come in.
Also I’m not sure it’s an issue but I hate the thought of the tractor sitting with fuel in it from last year when the dealer took delivery and did the original prep. I’m not sure when they actually got it in but it was listed on Tractor House for at least 3 months before I bought it.
How long do you think it is ok for the tractor to sit with fuel in the tank without running it?

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
I think it can sit a lot longer than 3 months. If you are worried about it, go by and add some additive and run it a bit.

However, I think I'd have them deliver it. If they are like most dealers, they deliver tractors/equipment all of the time. They can just deliver yours when they have a lower load, and pick it back up on the way back once the parts arrive. After all, they will also get money for installing those parts if they ever come in.

Reactions: 1 users

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
they can also install rear remotes on site if they have a service truck. That’s what we did on the M7060. I agree go ahead and take the machine. Just make sure the remotes are on the original sale so they are covered under warranty.

Reactions: 1 user

Heehaw

Equipment
MX5400hst Kubota Z726X
Oct 4, 2022
Michigan
I think it can sit a lot longer than 3 months. If you are worried about it, go by and add some additive and run it a bit.

However, I think I'd have them deliver it. If they are like most dealers, they deliver tractors/equipment all of the time. They can just deliver yours when they have a lower load, and pick it back up on the way back once the parts arrive. After all, they will also get money for installing those parts if they ever come in.
Thanks for the input,
It has had fuel in it for probably 6 months, I bought and paid for it 3 months ago and saw it advertised for a few months before I bought it.
I guess I’ll have to see what I can work out with the dealer as far as taking delivery now and getting the rear remotes installed when they come in.
Hopefully not, but I got a gut feeling since it’s already been paid for in full we may have issues with the 2 hour distance.

Heehaw

Equipment
MX5400hst Kubota Z726X
Oct 4, 2022
Michigan
they can also install rear remotes on site if they have a service truck. That’s what we did on the M7060. I agree go ahead and take the machine. Just make sure the remotes are on the original sale so they are covered under warranty.
Thanks,
I never thought about the possibility of mobile service installing the rear remotes. They are on the bill of sale along with the installation costs and everything has been paid for in full back in December. The dealer originally eluded to having everything in and installed within a month of purchase.

PortTackFarm

Equipment
L3560 LE (ROP's) w/ LA805 FEL, LP RCF 2072, BB2572 and WoodMaxx WM-8H
Jul 2, 2021
The Ville and The Farm (KY)
I went through this same thing on my tractor a year and a half ago. I completed the purchase in July but didn't take delivery because we were waiting on rear remotes and 3rd function kit. The rear remotes came in pretty quick, about 6 weeks, but third function was delayed. The tractor and implements were purchased from a dealer 3 hrs. away. I eventually decided to have the tractor and implements delivered in October rather than wait on the 3rd function kit to show up. Glad I did because 3rd function kit didn't show until March of the following year. They shipped me the 3rd function kit and I'll install it myself when I have the time and when I finally purchase the grapple which will require it to be installed. It all seems like par for the course these days when purchasing tractors and implements.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
This is the exact reason not buying locally can bite you in the backside.
Highly unlikely they will want to do anything with the tractor till the parts come in.
They won't want to deliver and then have to come back out for a 4+ hour trip that they won't get paid for.

Another thing to note: Most dealers will not transport it without a fee if it needs warranty work down the line.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
In NZ, where things may be different. I bought a cheaper tractor 3 hours away from me. Cheaper, and they guy was willing to give me a new out of crate one, not the one that had been sitting on the lot near me with a bit of surface rust on it.

The loader didn't come, and he was willing to ship to me without, then come back and get it and install the loader. Depends on the dealer I'd say, and you don't know until you ask. What I can be certain of is that if you don't ask, he definitely won't deliver then come fit the remotes later.

kubotafreak

Equipment
GRAND l6060, L3560, B6100, gr2100, tg 1860, g1800, g1900, g2160
Sep 20, 2018
Arkansas, US
Just have them deliver the machine so you can use it. The folks on this forum can easily walk you through that kit instal.

Heehaw

Equipment
MX5400hst Kubota Z726X
Oct 4, 2022
Michigan
Highly unlikely they will want to do anything with the tractor till the parts come in.
They won't want to deliver and then have to come back out for a 4+ hour trip that they won't get paid for.

Another thing to note: Most dealers will not transport it without a fee if it needs warranty work down the line.
I plan to use a local dealer for any parts or other work that may come up that I can’t do myself.
I was all set to order from one of my local dealers, had the quote and emails stating the price would be locked in if paid for before December 31.
Got gun shy when 3 other dealers said they can’t figure out how he guaranteed a price lock when corporate Kubota sent out a notice earlier in the year stating no more price locks.
To pour more salt into the wound right after I bought the MX5400 there was a MX6000 with 25 hours on it, 2 rear remotes and R4 tires (I wanted 3 remotes and R1 or R14 tires) not to far from me that the guy was asking $48,000 for, a few weeks later he dropped the price to $43,000 and it sold a couple days later. I would have jump on it for $43,000.
O well……

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO

From a customer perspective, it’s not our fault the parts arent in. If Dealer said within a month and it has been 3 then they should do everything to accommodate at their expense. I know they might say whatever…but thats good customer service.

I also agree best to buy local if you have a good dealer. I assume in this case OP‘s local dealer didnt have the tractor in stock.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
YMMV, but the guy who delivered my tractor said they go several hours each way regularly and overlap other dealers areas. I took that to mean that it's the price of doing business. He did say the salesman try not to overlap other dealers, but it still happens.

In any case, it wouldn't hurt to ask OPs dealer.

Heehaw

Equipment
MX5400hst Kubota Z726X
Oct 4, 2022
Michigan
I’ll contact the dealer with my concerns of the tractor sitting on the lot for an extended period of time with old fuel in it and see where it goes from there. I would be happy with waiting if they would substitute a tractor in a crate as PaulL mentioned in post# 8.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
The selling dealer has your money in his pocket. What pressure exists for him to perform on promises..? Zip.
Also, the levers…the ones which don’t yet exist…. will be experiencing warranty-expiration at the same rate as your tractor PRESENTLY IS …while sitting the dealers lot.

The local dealer’s promise to “lock in“ the price…was his personal bond to you…and the other dealers who questioned that promise had nothing to lose to denigrate his word.

Not trying to be unfairly critical…but you probably realize you created this problem. Sorry it has gone this way for you. (and “old fuel” is not the most troubling issue, IMO —— Whose insurance is valid on that tractor while You Own It…but it’s sitting somewhere else..??)

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
Sounds like a lot of trouble to me. I think i would have been calling corporate by now, or maybe even have my money refunded and go find another tractor somewhere else. I always figure if they go beyond twice the number of days that the deal was supposed to be done, i`m dealing with the wrong dealer, or company.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re: Got gun shy when 3 other dealers said they can’t figure out how he guaranteed a price lock when corporate Kubota sent out a notice earlier in the year stating no more price locks.

this is easy...
your first line is 'I bought and paid for.......'

The deal was DONE, carved in stone, You paid in full, xx dollars for an item.
Just because you didn't get delivery of the item, doesn't negate the 'done deal'.
If you'd made he same deal at another dealer, same outcome.

Often people buy stuff and delay the actual delivery date. Guy's buy a boat have the marine store it until the ice turns back into water.....new appliances get delivered AFTER the renovation is complete.

It all depends on the 'fine print' of the contract ( bill of sale ), maybe? it says 'must take possession of item before month/year' ? I don't knowe, didn't see the 'paperwork'.