Massey Ferguson 1751

BMC330

Equipment
L3301
Dec 21, 2015
Olive Branch MS
Guys, I just wanted to take a moment and share an experience I have had with my finish mower. It is a Massey Ferguson 1751 Model made by Taylor Pittsburgh and is a 5 foot model. It is very well built unit but finding parts is a real pain.

I recently loaned it to my nephew and the belt broke. He misplaced the belt as he was bringing it home. When I started searching on line for a replacement belt and there is no information to be found. I went to a Massey Ferguson dealer and the belt was $217.

As I continued to look for options on a belt replacement the more frustrated I got. I measured for a belt with a piece of rope and and came up with 142 inch inside measurement. I was able to go to the local NAPA store and get an industrial belt number B142 $41 which fit great. I have used the mower 2 hours since the belt replacement with no issues.

I Was almost at the point of frustration of going back to the dealer I purchased the tractor from and getting a new Land Pride mower. Just a really expensive belt replacement when I already have a really nice mower.

I hope this may help someone in the future if they run into the same problem as me.

Brent

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Many equipment manufactures, I think, make belts that are a bastard size just to make sure you have to keep coming back. They are usually just a bit shorter or longer then a commonly available belt.

Almost always, you can do as you did. Measure and find the closest length. Most all belts have a tensioner pulley to keep it at correct tension. By adjusting that pulley you achieve the desired results with a reasonably priced and readily available belt.