M9960 wont start En9 NG

wjoey

Equipment
m9960
Jun 29, 2016
chattanooga
M9960 wont start has En9 NG may be N6 When I turn key on it takes 4 seconds then I beep and this message comes up along with master system warning light and engine warning indicator , it will turn over but no fuel pump running coming on either , it did this once before and a fter a few cycles of the key started but not today after 2 hours checking fuses etc any help greatly appreciated .

Last edited:

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I had no luck finding that error code in the materials I have, which were only for L60 tractors. I might have missed it, or that code is specific to the M's. Is there any chance you might have copied it down wrong?

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Same issue on 8560, nearest dealer wants 7k to replace whole wiring harness. Any update would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
It is probably ENG NG which indicates a canbus communication error between the engine ecu and the tractor ecu. Replacing the whole harness might fix it but it likely is just corrosion on a connector that a mechanic is too lazy to track down! (there is no EN9 error)

Last edited:

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
It is probably ENG NG which indicates a canbus communication error between the engine ecu and the tractor ecu. Replacing the whole harness might fix it but it likely is just corrosion on a connector that a mechanic is too lazy to track down! (there is no EN9 error)
These are the possible error codes

Attachments

Last edited:

m5640su

Equipment
M5640su
Aug 20, 2023
Home
Hello I'm new here. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. I have a M5640SU that has about 1250 hours on it. Was mowing hay the other day with it and suddenly it began to lose power. It still ran and mowed but when put in a bind like turn up the hill it would go but not like it use too. Not smoking at all. I thought dang water in the fuel. I drained the fuel put new fuel in it changed the filter blew out the lines and still the same problem. It gets serviced every 100 hours. I'm at a loss as to why it is doing this. Any help is appreciated

Captain13

Equipment
M7040 4WD ROPS, ZD28, Woods (84” box blade, 72” harrow, 48” pallet forks)
Feb 27, 2019
Kathleen, GA
The quickest thing to test for CAN bus issues is the ground points. The entire bus is has to have a common ground. In this case, based on the error, the bus problem is between the tractor ECU and engine ECU. I would disconnect that cable and make sure everything is clean and no moisture in the connectors. Since the CAN bus cables are twisted pair with a shield, the ground of each cable will be only at one end of the cable. So the ground point has to be clean or the bus will not work correctly. Grounds are the most common problem due to corrosion.