M9540 implement problem

blaisek

Equipment
m9540
Jul 28, 2018
BAKERSFIELD, ca
Hi all,
I recently bought a used m9540. It’s an 06, 4wd, FEL and a rear box scraper. This is my first tractor so I’m not totally familiar on how things should operate. My question is: when the tractor is idling the FEL works but slower than if I’m at higher rpms. That seems correct to me. The rear implementat on the other hand will not move until the rpms are 1500 or higher. Is that the way it should operate? I generally use low rpms when I’m scraping so raising it up and down is kind of a pain do to the slow response. Any insight on this is much appreciated.

russell.still.5

Aug 28, 2017
Lafayette, Alabama
No. That is not correct. My only thought is a possible issue with your loader valve and it’s impeding flow to the 3 pt.

The loader hydraulics are fed prior to the 3 pt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Loader valves on an M are independent of the 3 point entirely. Try opening the flow control valve knob (located under the seat) counter clockwise to open it. That is where the 3 point control is.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Loader valves on an M are independent of the 3 point entirely. Try opening the flow control valve knob (located under the seat) counter clockwise to open it. That is where the 3 point control is.
Sorry SidecarFlip is a big negative!
The same section of pump runs both the loader and the three point.

So with the loader running slow and so is the three point, I first would look into checking the relief valve.

If you do a pressure test on the system it will tell you a lot.

blaisek

Equipment
m9540
Jul 28, 2018
BAKERSFIELD, ca
The loader works as expected. Lifts and tilts at idle. The 3 point start to lift till rpms are at 1500 or more and it lifts slow. At 1800 to 2000 it lifts at a decent speed. Do I still need to do a pressure check with this situation?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
If the loader is slow at idle it may or may not be related to the issue.

Yes a pressure test will tell you if it has a relief valve issue.

Could be strictly a three point issue too.

Need to know the exact model to be able to fine tune any more information. ;)

russell.still.5

Aug 28, 2017
Lafayette, Alabama
I’ve been thinking about this since you posted your question. IIRC a friend was having a similar issue with his 7040 but it was intermittent. He has an issue with a remote control cable that was not allowing the valve to return to the “neutral” position. When the valve was not completely closed the 3pt would not operate. You could hear the hydraulics by passing the relief valve when this would happen.
The loader gets 1st priority on hydraulic flow. I think the remotes are 2nd and the 3pt is 3rd.

I think you are having a problem with the flow (volume)so it could be a filter or relief valve. I’m thinking that if it was a pressure issue the loader would stop working before the 3pt, if the 3 pt has nothing attached.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blaisek

Equipment
m9540
Jul 28, 2018
BAKERSFIELD, ca
I don’t think it’s a filter. They were changed 6 months ago. I plan on doing a little investigating today. I’ll post my findings if I have any successs. Thank you for the help. Much appreciated

Tx Jim

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040 HDC-1,JD 4255,Ford 6700
Apr 30, 2013
Coyote Flats,Texas
Flow control valve(rate of drop screw) on 3 pt only controls lowering speed but doesn't affect raising speed.