M9000DT Propeller shaft seals.

Fedup

Apr 6, 2016
Winchester
I found an oil leak on an M9000 today. It appears to be transmission fluid leaking into, then dripping out of, the propeller shaft tube. Collapsing the tube proves it's coming from the transmission side.

After looking through all my downloads I concluded I do not have the WSM on the M9000. So I'm asking this of anyone that's been there, Once the tractor is split (engine to clutch housing) can the offending seals (there are two of them) be removed and replaced after removing the front bearing that supports the front wheel drive shaft out of the transmission? The parts list shows the seals in the case and a foot or so of shaft exposed between the seals and the bearing.The question is with the bearing removed can the seals fit through the bearing bore and be driven into place over the shaft without removing the transmission first then moving the shaft back?

Even if I had the manual it probably wouldn't mention doing it that way since they're usually written in the context of total transmission disassembly, but I know someone out there has been through this before. Is this a plausible plan?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yes the seals will come out of the bearing hole.

Fedup

Apr 6, 2016
Winchester
Okay, so it's possible to do this with a single split? I will approach it from that standpoint. Sometimes you start a project in limited work space only to find out you're backed into a corner once you're half way into it. We've all had that happen a time or two.

Reactions: 1 users